1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pensacola Bible Institute

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Cailiosa, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

I am attending PBI this fall along with a number from my church, I was wondering if there was anyone else here that attends, has attended or is going to attend!

2. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

I have never attended PBI nor do I know anyone personally who has ever attended PBI. I have listened to some preachers who have graduated from PBI, and usually enjoy their messages.I have a catalog with all the info about PBI, but I have never attended. A concern of mine would be Dr. Ruckmans health. I know he is getting up there in age,( I think somewhere around 85yrs old??) and I am just wondering how much longer he can go. I mean if something was to happen to Dr. Ruckman and he was unable to teach, I dont know if the intsitute would do so well. For some reason I have always thought that when Dr. Ruckman leaves the scene that the institute would crumble. Now that is just my thought and opinion, but it may be something to think about, or maybe even ask the institute about before packing up and leaving home. Just a thought. Good luck!

3. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I work with a guy who attended PBI. I wish he could talk to you about it, but he seems to get denied every time he tries logging onto BB. :laugh:

They must not have an internet curriculum at PBI. I wish he would figure it out.

4. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

My pastor mentioned that there was some health problems for Dr. Ruckman a while ago I guess. I actually havn't heard a whole lot of Dr. Ruckmens teachings yet, but I have enjoyed a few of his chalktalks as a little girl. I certainly hope that the Institute wont crumble after he leaves. But I know that there is a number of excellent teachers teaching classes there. Bro. Donanvan was just at my church a couple weeks ago and I tremendously enjoyed his messages.

5. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

They don't even have a website, it's frustrates me, I guess when I get down there I will find out why, but it sure would be nice if they had one!

6. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

Not sure if you know it or not, but Ruckman has a website where you can watch many of his chalktalks online. www.cvmonline.org You will probably need a highspeed connection like dsl/broadband to watch.

7. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Wow!!! I love the "chalk talks". Thanks for sharing the link. :thumbs:

8. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

Thanks for posting that link Paul1611, I have been looking for some info to give my friends parents (I'm trying to get her to go with me, but we have to convince her parents) and it's really hard to give them info about the Institute when there really isn't that much info to give! That link will help since they can then watch some of Dr. Ruckmans teachings.

9. Hawaiiski

Hawaiiski New Member

I graduated from PBI in '02. A friend in Pensacola told me that Dr. Ruckman has been suffering from back problems, which even caused him to be absent from the recent graduation ceremony.

The Bible Baptist Bookstore provides a PBI catalog upon request. Click the "Contact Us" link on their website.

10. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

I'm glad they at least have a catalogue1 I was having a hard time talking to the parents when all I can say to their questions is... "I don't know call my pastor!" At least some of the questions they have, and I have will hopefully be answered just by a catalogue.