1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pensacola Christian College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by JRG39402, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Convicted by the Spirit

I studied the school over because the school is right by the beach. But I don't think the rules they imposed were right for me. The lady I spoke with over the phone said no music with a beat of any kind. That was enought to push me away. I can understand rules to keep girls and guys sexually pure, but no music with a beat. Geaz

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I went to Liberty, which was (for me) tough enough...while I was there mind you, it has loosened up a bit since I left (thankfully.)

PCC, if you are of that particular conviction set, is a good school. I could not go there, of course I doubt that I could go back to Liberty again.

From the people I met they seem to have gotten a good education. The issue at hand though is how rounded do you want your education to be, and what are you planning on doing with it once you're out.

3. PastorMark

PastorMark Member

For those of you who feel that some Bible colleges are "tough," or that they don't treat young people as "adults," how do you feel about the military? I received U.S. Army training at Fort Dix New Jersey before I was saved. After that, I never really thought of Bible college as "tough" or "hard."

Pastor Mark.

4. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

True. But it seems like comparing apples to oranges.

5. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I agree Paul33. You have an idea of what you are getting into when you join the military. Bible college should not be militaristic, IMO. By the time someone reaches college age, you should be able to let them start making decisions for themselves. Beyond keeping students "pure", and acaedemincally accountable, the school should really butt out. When my parents and I visited PCC, back in '95, I knew I could not attend. It was too legalistic, and some of the rules were just plain ridiculous. I attended UK with my husband, and we did not compromise our faith in any way. PCC does offer a good education, but the students are rquired to live in an "inauthentic bubble", as Paul33 already stated. Some might like that environment, by the age of 18, I was certain it would stifle me.

6. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

Thanks for the comments. My Mom and I visited the campus about two weeks ago and I loved it. Questions were asked and it seemed to calm my Mom down about the campus. PCC has been my second choice, but it is most likely where I am going to go. Liberty University (my first choice) is far, far too expensive and plus it is quite large. PCC is definatly not some huge comprimise.

7. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

As my question has been answered, moderators may close this topic if they would like.

8. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

JR,

Your heart is in the right place. I hope you don't get hurt.