1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

People harder to predict than the moon

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Apr 10, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "It turns out it’s a lot easier to predict the movements of celestial bodies than human ones.

Monday’s total solar eclipse arrived exactly when it was supposed to. The hordes of tourists expected to accompany the eclipse? Not so much."

- rest of column - covering the eclipse, the presidential election, and John Calipari coming to Arkansas to be the new basketball head coach - at People harder to predict than the moon

#1 KenH, Apr 10, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well we would have missed this entirely but a neighbor from across the street came to our door gave my wife two pairs of glasses for the eclipse and we looked at it... A week before my sister posted something about the path of the eclipse would take and what it meant... The dooms dayers were out in full force before it even took place and to us it was just an eclipse... We could have missed the event entirely if not for the neighbor... Oh well, life goes on... Brother Glen:Whistling

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Roflmao

[​IMG]

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The one my sister posted which got everyone in an uproar was the path that the eclipse took would create a pentagram, that would cover the earth... Who creates these things?:confused:... Brother Glen:Speechless

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People with too much time on their hands?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m in Bar Harbor vacationing in Arcadia National Park after traveling to visit my daughter in Houlton, Maine, “The best spot to see the eclipse.”
    I set up my camera near someone from Washington state.

In the parking lot this morning I saw license plates from Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Texas, Arkansa, Illinois, North Carolina, Pennsylvania (mine) and Maine (the State we are in).

It’s true, the crowds were not as heavy as anticipated but they were quite diverse.

Rob

7. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sugarloaf had over 10,000, including the skiers. They closed the access road to additional cars by 8:30 Monday morning. I watched from a logging road about 15 miles north from there. Heading home, the 22 miles from Flagstaff Lake to Kingfield took 2:20, with the 'Loaf crowd being alternated onto Rt 27 by county deputies the main choke point. (Would've been much worse without the LEO.) The 10 miles north of Flagstaff plus the 29 miles below Kingfield, about 55 minutes.
    Absolutely worth the trip!

• Like Like x 1