1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Personal responsibility and mental illness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by seekingthetruth, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandym

mandym New Member

I have seen enough knuckleheaded posts from you. Everything you have said on this issue has not been backed up with scripture. Like the other fellow who is a Red Letter "Christian, you misuse scripture to condemn mental disease. It is no different than condemning a person with cancer. You are rude and quite frankly just plain evil. Grow up.

Just a note to the creator of the op. Do not pay any attention to individuals like this. They have no place in decent discussion on this subject and are more akin to the so called church at Westboro. Who knows maybe he is a member there.

#21 mandym, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  2. mandym

mandym New Member

Mental illness is real and not through any fault of your own. You do have a responsibility to handle it correctly but do not listen to yahoo's who speak beyond their real knowledge. May the Lord bless you and strengthen you.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

DRIP DRIP DRIP

:laugh:

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then put all this to rest. Prove your argument that all mental illness is a result of sin in the afflicted's life, and that only prayer is required for healing.

Apparently no one can see the truth that only you hold.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't have to have Scripture to back up my claim.
    One can deduce from Scripture that all epilepsy is caused from demon-possession, since every instance in Scripture was attributed to that. Do you believe that? Science tells us differently.

Luke was called the beloved the physician. Do you advocate that we go back to the level of knowledge of education and scientific knowledge that Luke had? No X-rays, no cat-scans, no vaccinations of any kind, no pasteurized milk, no treated water, etc. Why do you think Timothy had to take a little "wine" for his stomach sake? What do you think was the problem? Could it have been cured by preventative modern medicine or healthy sanitary practices that we know of today?

You are blind FAL, blind to the truth.
    I gave a very good example in another thread, one that could not be answered by another poster except to ignorantly deny it, because he wasn't familiar with the condition. I will give it again if need be.

The brain is a complex organ/computer/muscle, etc. You don't have it all figured out. Don't pretend that you do.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

When will you stop judging people's hearts and motives? Do you not know that is sin?

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I see you are starting to understand.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I know the bible and believe it. They are judged by their actions according to scripture.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I'll stick with scripture. :smilewinkgrin:

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you agree that all epileptics are demon-possessed?
    Is that your "scriptural stand"?

12. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Does anybody with evil intentions have a "scriptural stand"?

And before you give me another infraction for calling somebody evil, look first at the consequences of following his theology. Someone could actually die because of him and this forum through him.

I got an infraction from you for calling Fred evil. When you try to bully someone into ignoring a God given answer to a prayer, it is evil. As I told you in my PM, I have no problem with getting an infraction for telling the truth. Fred and FAL could cause severe harm and even death to a person with mental illness that heeds their evil advice.

FAL reminds me of that old story about the man trapped on his roof by a rising flood. Someone sent a life jacket, but he said he had prayed to God and that God would save him.

Then a boat came by to pick him up, but he said that he had prayed to God and that God would save him.

And then, a helicopter came to pick him up, but again, he refused, and said that he had prayed to God and that God would save him.

Well, the water rose, and the man drowned. When he met God in heaven he asked, "I prayed to you, why didnt you save me?"

God answered, "I sent you a life jacket, a boat and a helicopter, you drowning was the only option left."

FAL sounds like a WOF to me. He won't accept God's physical blessings, and thinks that all prayers are answered supernaturally.

God gives us many things in the physical sense to answer our prayers.

And FAL, God answered my prayers by giving me the care and treatment I need.

John

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Like I said, you will never zap me with three points again for calling names, that no doubt you reported. I apologized to the board, but will never in this life or the next apologize for standing against the pure garbage that are in these posts. It is very easy for me to understand why someone who is truly burdened by this type of affliction could get extremely angry at your unScriptural ideas, especially anyone who half way knows the Bible, has common sense, or an ounce of human decency.

I would not expect these type of words to come out of the mouth of a person who is not a Christian.

So did you ever explain what sin Paul was hiding behind because of his affliction? I believe I asked that question before you reported me, and ignored All I can say is you are lucky I am not a moderator, as I would consider mean, false and demeaning posts a much worse offense than being called a name.

I got the penalty I deserved, but would ask the moderators to reconsider all these threads for discipline of these two individuals, FAL and Steadfast Fred, not for calling names, but subtile trolling, flaming, and putting forth ideas and concepts that are obviously anti Christian and totally opposed to Scripture.

#33 saturneptune, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  14. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

And if he is right? Souls could be in danger.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How could that be? God takes care of his own. "I will never leave you or forsake you," he said. You don't believe that?

16. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Since when is trusting Christ for healing against Scripture, saturneptune

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There are churches that don't believe in going to doctors. The preacher preaches that doctrine and the church enforces it. There have been fatalities and consequent lawsuits. Some such churches have been forced to shut down. They are cults.

So yes, in come cases it is simply wrong to have BLIND faith in trusting Christ for healing. God doesn't heal in every case. It is not his will to heal in every case. He didn't heal Trophimus, Timothy, Paul, and others in the Bible.

18. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Seeking, Saturn- I agree absolutely with both your posts. Why he is still here is beyond me.

As to FAL proving his argument, he cannot and will not say anything other than 'Read my posts', or 'If you read my posts like you read your Bible, no wonder you're confused', or he will question your Salvation (why that's not mod-edited is beyond me). I do not hold my breath in anticipation of proof because I know I will pass out long before it comes.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is one such example:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2009/07/jury_hears_father_recount_fait.html

20. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is it wrong to assume that He wants us to use a bandage when bleeding, or medicine for what ails us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.