1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Petraeus Report Inadequate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 11, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200709/POL20070911a.html

Gingrich: Petraeus Report 'Wholly Inadequate'

By Nathan Burchfiel
    CNSNews.com Staff Writer
    September 11, 2007

EXCERPT

(CNSNews.com) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich on Monday criticized Republicans and Democrats on their approach to the war in Iraq and their singular focus on Gen. David Petraeus' progress report to Congress.

SNIP

Gingrich said politicians are "having the wrong debate about the wrong report" and criticized Democrats who "would legislate surrender and defeat for America" and Republicans who advocate "staying the course" in Iraq.

"America needs a more realistic and more powerful solution to the challenges of our enemies," said Gingrich. "Beyond the Petraeus Report, we need a report on the larger war with the irreconcilable wing of Islam."

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Gen. Petraeus seems to be a smart person and an excellent leader and observer of the situation in Iraq. I have a strong suspicion his report was significantly changed by the Bush administration before he was allowed to deliver it to Congress.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The general is an honest person, great leader, has our best interests at heart. I get the impression he hates being around politics. Given comptent civilian leadership working together (Congress and the White House), this man could accel from what he has already accomplished.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The general is an honest person, great leader, has our best interests at heart. I get the impression he hates being around politics. Given comptent civilian leadership working together (Congress and the White House), this man could accel from what he has already accomplished.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

His little trip to Congress was like being in the Lion's den.

I agree, but it won't happen, as you well know. (Congress and the White House)

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

He testified to the contrary. What do you base your "suspicion" on?

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

He said exactly the opposite. Why do you think he changed it? And do you believe he should be tried for perjury?

Is it possible that you are so biased against the war that any news even remotely good is seen as WH propoganda? Have you been there?? Probably not.

Let's face. What most people know about Iraq is what they hear from the Dems and the media. Republicans typically don't seem to be speaking about it much (for better or worse), except for the WH.

You konw, it is possible that the Democrats are lying in their criticisms and that Iraq is improving.

#7 Pastor Larry, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2007
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BaptistBeliever
    Gen. Petraeus seems to be a smart person and an excellent leader and observer of the situation in Iraq. I have a strong suspicion his report was significantly changed by the Bush administration before he was allowed to deliver it to Congress.

Political agenda.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Report vs. Reality: What General Petraeus Didn't Say[/FONT]

Behind the Anbar myth

#9 poncho, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I cannot begin to describe the amount of lunacy that is required to believe that oil is a motivation behind any motives of anyone in these United States with regards to Iraq. :laugh:

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Good thing too. I imagine if you actually gave it an honest shot you'd end up debunking yer own opinion. That would be priceless. :laugh: