1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pharmacy to face boycott from pro-abortion groups

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Divine Mercy Care Pharmacy will not sell contraceptives, condoms or abortifacients.

More...

It is imperative that Christians and all with moral values who live in the vincinty of Divine Mercy Care Pharmacy of Chantilly, Va. I know I would!

Do we have any members who live in the DC area?

From the link:

(CNSNews.com) – A unique pro-life pharmacy opened its doors Monday in the Washington, D.C. suburb . The owners will sell medications and products found in most other drug stores -- but it will not fill prescriptions for contraceptives, or sell condoms.

The pharmacy, which is not owned by the Catholic Church, was however blessed by Bishop Paul S. Loverde of the Catholic diocese of Arlington, and will reflect Catholic doctrine, which teaches that it is immoral to use contraceptives or any form of artificial birth control.

The store will not direct women to other pharmacies that sell contraceptives and birth control, he said, adding that customers “can find them on their own” at other pharmacies in the area.

I find it amzaing that pro-abortion folks demand that we help them find a pro-death clinic. Are they that dumb that they can not find it themselves?

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I totally disagree that it's immoral to prevent unwanted pregnancies. That's what contraceptives do; they prevent unwanted pregnancies. People have the right NOT to have babies if they don't want them. Where I consider it immoral is to murder unborn babies. Preventing them from being conceived should be everyone's right.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So would you support the boycott?
    Or do the owners of the store have a right not to sell certian items?

I disagree with the RC church when it comes to their belief on contraceptives; but I do respect their view.

Salty

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The pharmacy has a right to not sell certain products and suffer the consequences like a valid boycott of their company.