1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

php and MySQL

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by superdave, Jul 22, 2005.

1. superdave

superdave New Member

Anybody have some good links or resources for building websites with php and MySQL? I have a hosting provider with a LAMP solution, and am looking at putting php and SQL on my Solaris Apache Webserver at work. Just wondering if anyone else on the board was doing this stuff. I am playing around, but I am even worse at this than coding html. I would have to say it is amazingly powerful for building very nice looking and functioning sites.

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I do most of my stuff with php and MySQL both at the office and on my personal server. One of the best places to get started is at http://www.w3schools.com/

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

4. superdave

superdave New Member

A friend just sent me this link. Looks really great if you want to set up an apache,SQL,php server locally to develop sites and apps without having to upload your code every time you edit. There are Windows, Linux, and Solaris Versions.

It loads apache, php, MySQL, and perl automagically
    http://www.apachefriends.org/en/

5. Wife of One

Wife of One New Member

phpb2b and php nuke should be able to help you. The nuke sight being a very good one.

6. superdave

superdave New Member

right now I have a site with a php weblog, using b2evolution, a derivative of wordpress, and I am constructing an online directory that I aquired and have tweaked, with a great deal of assistance from a friend, and I am trying to develop a second phase of the site using phpWebsite as a framework. Most of these apps are easy enough even if you don't know php, but I am finding an increasing need to understand the inner workings of the language. Thanks for the links, I'll post links to my stuff when I get it going a little more completely.