1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please Help

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by mercy, Jul 13, 2004.

1. mercy

mercy New Member

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

We send people to nations far away, and that's good, but there are people right here who need and long to learn about JESUS!! There are many prisoners who want/need pen pals to help them find and/or grow in their relationship with JESUS. We can serve Jesus, reach out to someone right from our homes, through letters.

Billy Graham Evangelical Association, Joni & Friends, Stonecroft Ministries, and many many more are referring inmates to CPP to be able to have a Christian pen pal. Many inmates are hungry to know Jesus, and anxious to have a friend who can support them in getting a second chance in life.

Sadly, there is a waiting time of over a year now - the harvest is white, the workers are few.

Could you correspond with one or more?

Christian Pen Pals matches people in prison with Christians who are willing to correspond with them. Our address is:

CPP
    P.O. Box 2112
    Statesville, N.C. 28687

www.christian-penpals.com

[email protected]

Member of International Network of Prison Ministries
    www.PrisonMinistry.net/

Jesus said, "I was in prison and ye came unto Me."

God bless you,

Jesse & Beth Michael, Directors

2. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

I am interested. I did visit a black man in a prison in Indiana (as a white man). I visited him in his home and finally backed away (for "fear" he might injury me or my family since he had been in my home previously). I had a bible and a daily devotional guide (Our Daily Bread)mailed to him while he was in prison from a CBD because the prison could not accept such materials directly from private people in Indiana. I have wondered about him and still have his photo near the computer. I need to set healthy limits for myself and often do not. So I need to be careful. Thanks for reading, "Mr. Messy"

3. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

An additional comment. I still think about "LEO" and how he is doing. I hope he is still out of prison. If he does go back into prison, then he would be a "third time" loser and have probably a lot of prison time to do. Thank you. Mr. Messy.