1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for a dear friend of mine - she's seriously ill.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Feb 26, 2010.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Please pray for my dear friend Mary who is the wife of one of our other pastors. She is my "boss" for one of my responsibilities at church but additionally she's a great friend. She has been struggling since January 9th with stomach/intestinal issues, having severe vomiting and diarrhea, going into the hospital, being tested and treated, being released only to be back in within a week. She's on her 4th time in the hospital and after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, they found out that it is not that but she has c diff, which is a very bad bacteria. Well, today she found she had a bulge in her side and she had another CT scan which shows fluid all around her colon/intestines. They're still watching her carefully but she's this close to having to have surgery to remove her colon. She's such a beautiful healthy woman in her 50s - and this is such a shock! PLEASE pray that she would be healed of this without having to have surgery. They may put her in ICU tonight or tomorrow and she's beyond discouraged. Thank you so much.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am praying for her to be delivered from her afflication and her discouragement. May God grant Mary peace and a total healing.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

She is in my prayers.

4. tommie

tommie New Member

Praying for your friend to be healed if it is God's will. Praying for wisdom for her doctors. Praying for peace and comfort for your friend.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Mary is in my prayers and so are the doctors, that God will give them wisdom in ministering to her health. Praying also that God will use your friendship and that of others close to her to bouy up encouragement and faith through this trial.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

It's been a while...... still praying for the restoration to healing and health for Mary.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep Windcatcher - it's been a while but Mary still needs prayers. She's still not yet allowed back at work at least until she sees her doctor again on Monday. She still has fluid in her abdomen although she said she lost another inch of her waist yesterday so that is good. Her spirits are up and we're praying against any further attacks on her system so that she can begin to go through the process of healing.

Here is a picture of Mary and her husband Mike so you can know who you are praying for.

[​IMG]

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for the update on Mary's condition!:praying:
    May you heal Mary complete.
    Give the doctor's wisdom on how to diagnosis her problem and give her the
    right remedy for it.
    We are asking that You be with Mary and her husband at this time.
    May she be able to return to work.
    We pray in Jesus' Name. Amen:praying::1_grouphug: