1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for my 16 year old daughter

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Dec 29, 2008.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My daughter is away on a youth retreat and just called us in tears because of a lot of drama that's going on. Her former best friend is on the trip and the drama that was going on between the two came to a head and that was stressful but in addition to that (we knew it was going to happen - it was inevitable), another girl that she was friends with went postal on her and made some beyond crude comments to DD and my daughter ended up getting physical with her (she shoved her into the wall). I personally would have punched her in the mouth for what she said, but fortunately I wasn't there.

But DD called us a little while ago in tears. Serious tears. She's heartbroken and so stressed. The drama is overriding the retreat and it's really hurting her a lot. She's also struggling with having a boy there that she likes and he likes her and we requested that they try to not be exclusive with each other on the trip (they still need to get to know each other a bit better before they can begin to "date"), so that's taking some thoughts too. It's working out OK although everyone is saying that they're always together - when it's not true because the adults told her so. I think it's the jealous teen thing but it's adding to the stress for her. I think she wishes she wouldn't have gone and that makes me sad.

So if you could remember her, I'd appreciate it. Her name is Nicole. Pray that God would heal her hurt, help her to deal with the issues in a Godly way and that she would not miss out on any blessings that He has for her on the trip. Thanks!

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have daughters too... I'll be praying.

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll be praying, Annsni. My oldest just turned 12 and we're experiencing drama here, too. I can't imagine how much more there will be once boys are involved.:1_grouphug:

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I keep telling my girls, "boys are nothing but trouble!"

Ann, still praying.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the prayers. I haven't heard from her so keep them coming.

What's funny is that it's not the boy that's drama but the girls. He's been so good in all of this.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

praying for all those mentioned in your prayer request.
    So glad to hear that you as a parent are very interested in your children's lives.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My poor kids don't have a chance. We're quite involved in their lives - and they like it that way. :)

Thank you all for the prayers. She ended up having a much better last day there and came home very happy. She worked it out well enough with both girls that they are talking - yet she's now aware of what they're both really like and doesn't want to hang out with them because they're honestly not the kind of girls who will encourage her in the Lord and that's important to her. She's re-evaluating her friendships in light of what God's will is for her. It's exciting to watch.

But after talking to her about the retreat, we like this new "boy" even more than before. :) They still have to wait to date, but when the time comes, they will most certainly have our blessing. Hey, if *I* were 16......

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

As a "professional drama co-ordinator" (that's what youth ministers call each other), you can count on my thoughts & prayers:

-for your daughter, and Christlikeness;
    -for the group, that satan's scheme to mess up what God wants will be derailed;
    -for you, the parental units, to know when to let them work it out and when to intervene.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Your daughter is in my prayers.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I appreciate the prayers. A bit of an update:

The first girl she was having issues with: They've kind of made up but my daughter realizes that she does not make for the best of company. I had to speak to this girl's mother because of language that she had used with both my daughter and my daughter's guy friend (not yet boyfriend).

The second girl my daughter was having issues with: She went postal. She got really jealous on the trip and started getting nasty to my daughter. Since then, she's done things like call my daughter across the hall in school and say "Guess what? I hate you!" Yeah - this is a girl who recently came to the Lord and was baptized. *Shaking head* I told DD that she should really confront this girl and ask if there was anything my daughter did wrong - but she may want to do it with an adult present. I honestly don't trust this girl, unfortunately. She won't speak to me at church even if I say "Hi" so something big is up. :( My daughter is doing OK with this although she hates the idea of confrontation.

So now she's working on making sure the kids she surrounds herself with are Godly kids and those who would encourage her in the Lord. She's also getting to know "boy" more (LOL - what I'm calling the boy who she's interested in and will soon be her boyfriend) by spending time at his house and over here. They need to get to know each other better since they've only known each other for 8 weeks now. But so far, so good. He's a boy that gets all A's in our book. :)

I have to say, raising teens isn't just a job, it's an adventure. LOL

11. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Praying for Nicole :praying:

12. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I have a 16 y/o daughter and I am convinced that girls are just mean and evil! As a guy I remember we could get into a fight with our best friend and beat each other bloody and by the end of the day everyone was back to hanging out again. But girls get the whole tribe involved and hold grudges and stuff. I think my wife has a high school friend still mad at her and that’s been twenty years ago!

Anyway I am glad to read that things cleared up by the end of the trip.

Last year my daughter had some girls dump dirt and worms into her purse while she was not looking. When she got back to her seat and saw the mess she smiled real big and said "cool someone gave me some bait now dad and I can go fishing". My girl is a girly girl she doesn’t fish, but she sure knows how to take the fun away from someone’s prank!

Teenagers are a trip!

Chuck

13. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We bring this precious 16 year old daughter of Annsni.
    God loves teens and He can use them with their youth and energy.