1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plot To Destroy Sears Tower

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JFox1, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh, no...

you're terribly mistaken. we are just peace-loving muslims. in fact, we are co-mingled with bible believing christians here in this poor section of this poor city.
    no, no, please, you're mistaken.
    this is just another fascistic attempt of a morally bankrupt decadent US government.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

You know, this has been all over CNN this morning and I have a problem!

It seems that TWO years ago, this "Seas/Seeds of David" group went to someone they thought was al queada in order to join forces and wreck havoc. The someone was actually FBI and the led this group on all this time, but STILL didn't find any evidence when they raided the warehouse?

Now I'm not certain who's worse. The group that was so stupid that it couldn't figure out in two years that they were not REALLY in touch with AQ or the FBI guys that strung them along for two years without gaining any real evidence. (guess who I'm leaning toward) So they arrested seven guys on suspicion of terrorism. Do they have the evidence to back up the charges or do they only have evidence that this was a group of loud mouth guys that are dumber than they look? And isn't it convinient that they make these arrests just when Bush's numbers are down and could use a good boost? Also convinient that Florida seems to be the focal point for this investigation while the target was Chicago?

These guys talked for two years and never physically began preparing for an event of this scale? And yet we're supposed to believe that this group was an actual threat?

More questions than answers!

4. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Bush's numbers are so low it would take a lot more than those arrests in Florida to boost them. :tongue3:

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Maybe instead of arresting them, the Bush Admin. should have let them gone ahead and taken out the building. Possibly then, his points might go back up. (Where in the WORLD is that "roll-your-eyes" icon that used to be here?)

6. menageriekeeper

Phillip type : rolleyes : without the spaces and he'll come up.

Not saying they should have done anything of the kind. But if these guys were really going to blow something up, shouldn't there be physical evidence like maybe, explosives? Or at the very least bomb making instructions. Oh, I forgot, possession of bomb making instructions isn't against the law!

Neither by the way is being in contact with someone(or being someone) who is a member of AQ. If it were half muslim America would have to be arrested.

:rolleyes: (just for demostration purposes) :D

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Look under the smilies for this [More] then click on it Phillip. You may have to maximize the box that pops up. :rolleyes: :smilewinkgrin:

8. menageriekeeper

Okay, after reading MSNBC's latest article, I'm leaning back toward just how stupid can seven men be????

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Does this suprise you? :laugh:

This world just happens to be FULL of stupid people.

Its too bad they can't be smart and come here and fix the world like we do.:thumbs:

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

One of the repeating elements to emerge from every major terror sting or forged terror alert is the use of retarded individuals as patsies, informants and go-betweens. The terror raid in Forest Gate three weeks ago in which an innocent man was shot by the police was conducted on the whim of information provided by a man with an IQ of just 69.

Similarly, it was reported today that the informant who sparked interest in alleged Ottawa terrorist Mohamed Harkat was "certifiably insane."

The group used by the FBI to bomb the World Trade Center in 1993 were also clinically retarded. It's easier to frame people who lack any credibility and don't have any means to eloquently defend themselves.

Don't be surprised to learn of a connection to a retarded individual over the next few days. SOURCE

11. menageriekeeper

Well I'm not real smart, but I'm smart enough to know that you don't give a list of supplies that includes shoe sizes and $50,000 and expect to recieve it!

Phillip, astounded is a better descriptor. What on earth were these guys thinking? You just don't expect for folks evil enough to think up a plan to blow up a famous landmark to be this just plain dumb!

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's amazing how with an election coming up all of a sudden this alleged non-starter of a terror plot is revealed and this silly WMD report of pre-1991 dilapidated chemical weapons is declassified. Just when the Republicans need the fear level to be raised as they consider the loss of their power in Congress this November.

Remember how leading up the the 2004 election that terror alert level kept being periodically elevated? I guess the GOP figured they couldn't play that card again and get the same result so they had to come up with some new ploys.

13. menageriekeeper

I thought the same thing until I figured out how dumb these guys were. Sorry but their arrest shouldn't raise the fear of anyone.

Giving a list of supplies to AQ. :laugh:

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I was wondering the same thing.

I also wonder why, since this group was under surveillance, the FBI didn't at least wait until they procured or at least attempted to acquire some of the elements needed, like some of the explosives before making the arrest.

I'm not saying that these men or innocent, and if they are in fact guilty, they should be locked up for the rest of their lives!

#14 Terry_Herrington, Jun 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2006
  15. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I certainly won't argue that things are not used for political purposes, whether or not the timing just happened to coincide with election.

What I do want to disagree with is the statement "dilapidated chemical weapons".

Folks, please, please understand that the older chemical weapons are the far more dangerous they are. I actually work for the groups who will have to do the EOD on these devices. I know the people who will have to inspect them, move them and destroy them (if that is the choice), or overpack them.

This is bad, wicked stuff. These are TRULY WMD's whether or not you want to call them that. Chemicals were the second worse item ever invented for warfare.

Let's don't under estimate the danger here, the possibility of just one of these being stolen by a terrorist and the fact there may be more.

I don't CARE who you voted for, the bottom line is that we have 500 of the most wicked devices known to mankind (short of a nuke) that are deadly and HARD to get rid of. Let's just remain on that thought for a moment and have a moment of prayer for those who will risk their lives to make this world safer by doing whatever is decided to do to these weapons.

16. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, the FBI COULD do this, but lets remember what happened the last time the FBI ignored a memo about Arabs taking flying lessons in the United States. I honestly don't think they want the same mistake to happen. When you work in security, your best chance of stopping harm is to stop it early. What if they were to hit the road and while out buying weapons were "lost" by those sent to trail them. You would them say the people assigned to trail them messed up, when in reality it is easy to loose people when trying to trail them.

Scenerio: You are a policeman and a man has just told you he was going to kill you when he got his gun. Now, he is on one side of the room and his loaded gun is on a table on the other side of the room. Do you wait until he goes and picks up the gun to make your case stronger, or do you stop the action before he can reach his gun?

One more thing to think about. Since the 9/11 attacks, our security organizations are still shaking from the "dressing down" they received about why they didn't stop this before it happened. I think they did EXACTLY what we pay them to do. They did their job and whether or not these nut-cases would ever go through with blowing up people; well, we just don't have to worry about that any more, do we? Just my humble thoughts. I applaud the FBI for this investigation and its results. Just remember, somewhere in the night, someone is standing guard on the tower watching over you and I. They may not see an attack coming, but obviously, they didn't risk it with this case.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, brother. Just because I referred to them as dilapidated doesn't mean that I think that they don't have to be handled with care.

#17 KenH, Jun 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  18. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

lol...and I voted for him! Bush has really done a great job (sarcasm) finishing his dad's work.....
    :laugh:

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

“The group has been under surveillance for some time and was infiltrated by a government informant who allegedly led them to believe he was an Islamic radical, a Justice Department official said.”

In other words, an FBI agent, pretending to be an “Islamic radical” and a putative “al-Qaeda operative,” convinced a handful of patsies to “discuss” the targeting of the Sears Tower in Chicago and supposedly federal facilities in Miami.

In a repeat of the Ottawa theatrical event, the alleged terrorists, with “possible ties with Al Qaeda” (of course), are “teenagers and young adults,” according to the International Security Research & Intelligence Agency, billed as “analysts and experts at your service to identify, analyse and assess any issue related to your safety and your entreprise’s and/or institution’s (sic).” In short, it appears the FBI has exploited the naiveté of kids, more accustomed to blowing up skyscrapers in video games than in real life.

According to the aforementioned “source,” the dupes in Miami are possibly “Black Muslims,” although this was not mentioned by the corporate media as of this writing (AG Gonzales is scheduled to hold a press conference). “Sources say the arrests reflect the government’s concern about so-called ‘homegrown terrorists.’ It’s a threat FBI Director Robert Mueller discussed during a recent speech in New York,” ABC News continues. Translation: increasingly, the “threat” is domestic, thus a police state becomes more palatable at home, with “Black Muslims” (i.e., the Nation of Islam) and other boogiemen replacing distant and less hysteria-inspiring cave-dwelling terrorists.

“One law enforcement official, who requested anonymity because the investigation was ongoing, said the arrests illustrated how federal authorities were rooting out threats at their earliest stages,” reports the Los Angeles Times. “Televised images of FBI agents swarming a warehouse in the Liberty City area of Miami highlighted the possibility of an unusual homegrown case of domestic terrorism.” Of course, now that the “al-Qaeda” threat is increasingly “homegrown,” such staged events will become less “unusual” and will in fact become cours de rigueur.

<snip>

ABC News reports: “An FBI informant posed as an emissary from al Qaeda and administered oaths of allegiance to the seven Miami men charged today with providing material support to al Qaeda…. An outline of the indictments to be announced later today indicates the men began meeting with an unnamed FBI informant in November 2005. Justice Department officials say the informant provided boots and a video camera so the men could obtain surveillance pictures of government buildings in Miami.”

In other words, this whole affair is a government set-up, engineered to hype the “homegrown” threat of domestic terrorism, that next phase of the neocon effort to trash the Constitution and further militarize society in preparation for World War Four, the generational crusade made in Israel and transplanted in America, the only nation on earth with the required military prowess and a population sufficiently brainwashed and easily frightened by phony terrorists.

SOURCE

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

FBI Exploits Mentally Ill in “Homegrown” Terrorism Effort Sunday June 25th 2006, 9:17 am

It is now an established pattern: the government seeks out mental cases and disturbed individuals and turns them into “al-Qaeda” terrorists, or wannabe al-Qaedaites.

Narseal Batiste, “the accused ringleader of a wacky terrorist cell” in Miami, as the New York Daily News puts it, “needs psychiatric help,” according to his father, Narcisse Batiste. “He was distraught after his beloved mother, Audrey, died in 2000, relatives told The News, and the next year he left Chicago and dropped out of sight.”

From all accounts, Narseal Batiste is not an over-the-top mental case like Zacarias Moussaoui, but it appears he is vulnerable enough to be exploited by the government, determined to fabricate “homegrown” terrorists.

In fact, the government more or less admits it does not have a case against Batiste and his young adult and teenage charges.

“Even as Justice Department officials trumpeted the arrests of seven Florida men accused of planning to wage a ‘full ground war against the United States,’ they acknowledged the group did not have the means to carry out the plan,” reports Knight Ridder. “The Justice Department unveiled the arrests with an orchestrated series of news conferences in two cities, but the severity of the charges compared with the seemingly amateurish nature of the group raised concerns among civil libertarians,” who noted that the group had “no weapons, no explosives” and yet the government considers the arrests and case a “major announcement.”

If not for the “confidential government informant” inserted in their midst, who convinced them to pledge allegiance to the cartoonish “al-Qaeda,” there would be no case. SOURCE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.