1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Police Fatally Shoot Man During Traffic Stop, Aftermath Video Posted July 6, 2016 11:22 PM

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your determination (decision) is based on partial information and therefore unjustified. You'd have to be privy to all the information that the police have --not a slice of it.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am going to try this one more time then just give up on you. I don't know how to make it any clearer. My determination was based on "the information we now have."

Anyone with an IQ greater than his hat size knows that, as more information comes to light, those determinations are subject to change. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now pay close attention.

4. Driving after suspension – dismissed
    13. Driving after revocation – Dismissed
    15. Driving after suspension – Dismissed
    18. Driver’s license – failure to obtain new – dismissed

They were dismissed because the officer could not offer evidence he was not going to or from work.
    Of course people are pulled over when seen driving when an officer knows the person's license had been suspended! I have done it dozens of times.

How long have you been a police officer, and what departments have you worked for? You must be a LEO for you certainly seem to think you are an expert on the subject. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many posts ago you had said that if you were a member of his shooting review board you'd find that the shooting was unjustified based on current information. Well, you would not be entitled to make such a determination based on less than full information. So your point, whatever it may be is misguided at best.
    Therefore, your less than full information is not enough to make any kind of determination in the first place. You have merely offered opinion. You are ineligible to make any "determination" at this point.

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you really think we will ever have "full information" on this or any other such event you are sadly mistaken. What planet do you live on? I have spent most of my adult life in one uniform or another and have never, never had "full information." That is why we have shooting review boards and courts. They look at the information they have, often conflicting, and make the best decision they can under less than ideal circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you TC. I was going to bring this up but I left it to you. Again, Falcon Heights is barely 2.5 square miles in area. There are two streets that carry the majority of traffic through that suburb. If a police officer knows a particular vehicle has a driver with an expired drivers license, OF COURSE they would pull them over and check their for a valid license.

I know that police will often run the license plates of cars they are following or other wise see on the streets, looking for prior violations. They could have done this as well, resulting in a pull over of Castile and another lapsed driver's license violation.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

It's not up to the officer to show someone isn't going to work. A person without a valid licence would have to show that he is going to work, like take a printout of the hours worked to the court, at which point he's acquitted. Also, he worked in the school cafeteria, meaning his drives to work would take place when there's minimal chance of being stopped by police (few police, but many cars). So, it's highly unlikely charges were dropped for proof of going to work.

More likely the charges were dropped because authorities didn't feel the need to burden the black man with multiple convictions. #$%#$%#$% racists! There's a pattern if convictions along dismissals, such as your first example, 4. Driving after suspension – dismissed vs 3. Basic speed – guilty. So, Castile was driving dangerously fast (probably lost control and hit someone, the [edited]) while on a suspended licence. Or if two different stops, one was pending when the other charge came down. Because they're not tying to pile on everything they can, they tend not to subject people to multiple charges at the same time.

Sorry, this black man has next to no experience with police.

#107 Smyth, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are sadly distorting what I have said or implied. The police have access to more information than your opinion. Your "determination" is strictly an opinion. A determination is definitive --it does change. You acknowledged that your determination may be altered upon discovery of more information. Therefore your "determination" is merely your view without the benefit of a more comprehensive report.
    Your premature "determination" was lacking the fuller picture. As time goes by and more information is gleaned then, and only then, can people pontificate with a reasonable response. Until then, you are just speculating.

#108 Rippon, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Duh! Which is exactly why the charges were dismissed!

10. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Le'ts also not forget the other "unarmed African American man murdered by police" at about the same time. Alton Sterling, a convicted child rapist, who was shot while resisting arrest after he threatened a citizen with a stolen gun while he was selling stolen CDs.

[​IMG]

Already over 2000 people shot this year in Chicago alone, and the shooting of this thug is what BLM is concerned about. Black lives don't matter to BLM.

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Race probably has everything to do with the officer taking his pistol out before he talked to the man.

We live in a culture of fear. African Americans are afraid, Whites are afraid. Police are afraid. Bad combination.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know he did that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CB doesn't know. He doesn't bother with facts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The family DID just release that CCW:

http://www.fox9.com/news/173548963-story

though some think it wasn't valid at the time of his death - change of residency, pot in the car, blah blah blah. Helps Diamond's story and if she did selectively edit that tape, that can be easily recovered.

There's no reason to think this Yanez cop had any racial motives behind it, but I'm pretty sure he didn't recognize Philandro from other traffic stops, all he said he saw was someone with a "wide-set nose" and he thought it could've been some armed robbery suspect.

Well, guess now the thing to do is to gather as much information as you can and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle but it looks like a civil suit against the city will be a slam-dunk for this family.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

I doubt the officer drew his gun until he became aware of the [edited] gun. I doubt the officer shot until the [edited] moved his hand toward the gun in his front waistband, or lap.

WHY do you think the officer pulled the gun just because the driver was black, other than your prejudice against Hispanic cops? Do you not suspect that a black driver who had been stopped over 50 times would be very hostile to the officer? Do you disagree that a hostile person with a gun is likely to be shot if he's not extremely careful?

#115 Smyth, Jul 13, 2016
  16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that would be a very stupid way to approach a suspected armed felon, wouldn't it?

Asking again--where do you get this idea that he had a gun tucked in his waistband?

#116 InTheLight, Jul 13, 2016
  17. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

The GF has been doing a lot of talking, I haven't heard her say the cop approached the car with the gun drawn.

The gun is in Castile's lap in the video the GF made.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, no. That is his wallet. Duh!

19. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

[​IMG]

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! ROFLOL! Don't know much about guns, do you? Here, let me show you what guns really look like.

Long guns, top to bottom:

Remington 700 in .308 Magnum/7.62mm NATO & Unertl 10 power telescopic sight
    Colt M-1600
    Colt AR-15 with Unertl 4 power telescopic sight
    Beemiller 9mm Tactical Carbine

Pistols, clockwise from 2 O'Clock

Smith&Wesson M&P (Military & Police) .40 Cal
    SIG Sauer P-225 9mm
    Springfield MilSpec 1911a1 .45 Cal
    Smith & Wesson SW9VE 9mm (With tactical/competition upgrades)
    Walther p22 .22LR
    Walther P.380 .380 Cal.

toys.jpg

#120 TCassidy, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1