1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Police State Update

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Bro. Curtis, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Search Warrant Concerns

There are major concerns about the way the search warrant was carried out. Kennedy argues that the search warrant was overly broad and lacked probable cause. But beyond that, the warrant was only valid in Luna County, where Deming is located. The Gila Regional Medical Center is in Grant County. That means all of the medical procedures were performed illegally and the doctors who performed the procedures did so with no legal basis and no consent from the patient.

In addition, even if the search warrant was executed in the correct New Mexico county, the warrant expired at 10 p.m. Medical records show the prepping for the colonoscopy started at 1 a.m. the following day, three hours after the warrant expired.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3209305.shtml#.Unz-gOJPiky

It seems funny to me that the police would do this to a guy they "knew" hid drugs in this manner.

I would think the police would make sure everything they did was on the up and up to get a conviction. This looks more like the police taking it upon themselves to punish the guy.

Now they'll have to deal with a lawsuit and the loss of respect within the community they work.

What's the difference between a criminal and a cop that doesn't obey the law? A badge.

And now a. . .

THIRD victim of sexual molestation at hands of New Mexico authorities comes forward

#21 poncho, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#22 poncho, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

I saw this on local television. This kid was out of control, he endangered lives and he almost killed two students sitting on a blanket on the ISU Commons. He wouldn't stop. What would you suggest he do?

The story makes it sound like he did nothing. He was on the verge of rampage, and people could have died. I don't think the police had a choice. The father isn't to blame for his death. The police aren't to blame for his death. He, and only he, is responsible for his own death. All he had to do was stop. He should have.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How about shooting the motor and tires instead of the unarmed driver?

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

Have you seen the video? They did shoot the tires. You don't fire at the motor, it's too close to the passenger compartment. But they rammed the truck, tried to pen him in between cars. Nothing stopped him. So they felt they had to resort to deadly force, particularly when he drove over the blanket from which to students narrowly escaped.

Rules of engagement for a police officer are, "Don't endanger the suspect until there is no other choice."

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot believe that in this highly technical era that there is not some electro-magnetic device that can be aimed at a vehicle and fry the electronics.
    No danger to occupants, no flying bullets, no physical damage at all unless the perp decided to crash it before it came to a coasting halt.:confused:

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

I'm sure there is, but I would imagine it is far beyond the budget of a local police department, particularly a University police department.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He wasn't unarmed. He was driving a deadly vehicle. The car is considered just as deadly as a gun. And it should.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What are the rules of engagement after the police have been told to back off?

During the chase, an unidentified Ames police staffer twice suggested that police back off their pursuit, according to dispatch audio obtained by the Register through a third-party service. Audio: Listen to dispatchers and officers during the pursuit

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...lice-action-baffles-family?Frontpage&gcheck=1

The police put people in danger by chasing suspects around at high speeds and ramming their vehicles. The police should have done what they were told and backed off. But they didn't.

From the same article . . .

Shepley said he keeps asking himself why police pursued an easily identifiable green-and-white lawn care truck into a busy part of campus. The family said police could have backed off and found the truck later.

“They’re professionals,” Shepley said. “They’re trained to handle these situations. And if they panic before they even know what’s going on, then ask yourself: What if it was your child?”

And why, Shepley asked, did an officer fire six rounds on a campus with innocent bystanders around, simply because Tyler Comstock refused orders to turn off the engine?

“So he didn’t shut the damn truck off, so let’s fire six rounds at him? We’re confused, and we don’t understand,” Shepley said.

Looks to me like the police were the ones endangering people's lives in this case. Over an easily identifiable "stolen truck" they could have found anytime.

BTW, in my old Ford truck the driver's seat is closer to the passenger's seat than the motor. I don't know what was going through the minds of these cops but it seems that this kid was killed for not obeying orders rather than endangering people's lives.

Woman Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting.

http://www.krqe.com/news/crime/1-killed-1-injured-in-sf-police-shooting

She didn't pull over . . . now she's dead. I am never going to New Mexico.

#29 poncho, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.