1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Political Viewpoints

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 26, 2005.

?
  1. Bush did not allow Gore to steal the 2000 election.

46.7%
  2. They are yellow dog democrats.

6.7%
  3. They are radical leftists [historically called pinkos].

20.0%
  4. Bush is an outspoken Christian.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bush is against killing unborn children.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bush is steadfast in fighting the War against Islamofacism.

6.7%
  7. They just don't like this country and what it stands for.

20.0%
  8. They suffer from the delusion that a third party will cure all the nations ills.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for the reminder... Since this is in the Politics forum, the quicker we get to page 10, the quicker this ends..

So I will retract my statement and will continue to show you my points. [​IMG]

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]REPEAT POLL! :D

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah Jamie, in Bush's world if you don't agree with him you are with Al-Qaeda. :eek:

Sadly there are some folks that have fallen victim to the endless propaganda campaign to terrorize Americans into questioning the constitution and bill of rights. Personal and national liberty is inimical to the New World Order.

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Hey, thanks for the reminder... Since this is in the Politics forum, the quicker we get to page 10, the quicker this ends..

So I will retract my statement and will continue to show you my points. [​IMG]

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]REPEAT POLL! :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]And this shows your real intent. You're not seeking truth, in fact I would think you're bordering on what some call Trolling.

Thanks for clearing up your position. Now the rest of your posts will be weighted accordingly in my mind before responding.

Jamie

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Agreed.. It's become too much of a US ver Them when it comes to politics, but then that same Spirited response isn't there when it's US vers Them when it comes to Saved and Unsaved.

If the passion on politics could be used to save men, then I am sure many people could and would be saved.

Some people's passions go too far when it comes to polictics and not far enough when it comes to saving the unsaved.

it's a sad sad thing...

Jamie

5. OldRegular

Is that a confession? I hope there is a priest on this Forum. :D

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So much for debate. Wouldn't it be easier OR if you just turned all of the people on BB that disagree with Bush into Operation TIPS? It could get you some brownie points and prove to the "authorities" what a good global citizen you've become. [​IMG]

7. jstrickland1989

jstrickland1989 New Member

Well yes definitely. Yep I knew that. And your point?

James

8. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Interesting poll. The first question...I really wasnt sure.

I think that people have the opinions they do because they want to feel better about their own lousy lives. OR - that they are just follow trends (possibly incapable of original thought). Or - that they have been sucked into the vortex that is known as opposition and cannot get out. Or - that they really have a strange and abnormal attachment to the last man that was President and cannot let go of the past?

Could be any of them. I suppose their side would be better received if they stuck to logic and less passion. Eh.

9. OldRegular

You may have hit the proverbial nail on the head! :D

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Logic dictates that anyone who doesn't agree with Bush Hates him? I see passion behind this mindset but where is the logic?

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

This poll can't be voted on as the first question is asinine, there are none of the choices that I can vote for. This thread will not lead to any itelligent debate, but only to arguing and personal attacks.

12. OldRegular

Isn't free speech wonderful? :D

13. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Isn't free speech wonderful? :D </font>[/QUOTE]So is this you admitting that these questions and polls you have posted lately have been to create arguements and pesonal attachs and not for debating the issues?

Hum...

Jamie

14. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Another dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb,dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb,dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, poll from the radical right-wingnuts.
    Can it possibly get any dumber than this?

15. OldRegular

I disagree with what you say but if I were 50 years younger I would defend to the death your right to say it.

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it totally amazing that people will vigorously complain about the validity of a thread, and then spend so much time & effort to continue posting on the thread that is "useless"! :rolleyes:

(Guess some people are just lonely. [​IMG] )

17. OldRegular

It doesn't take much mental effort to type dumb 16 times.

18. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Is this to imply that ALL Republicans are against Abortion and Homosexuality?

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]Not at all. But it does state that those who vote for candidates who openly support abortion and homosexuality themselves are supporting it.

Perhaps a better question would be why do liberals get so angry when their beliefs are questioned? Why do they respond to political commentary with such vitriol?

Maybe as I said in my earlier post, Old Regular must have touched a sore spot. :D

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not true. If that was true, then everyone who voted for George W. Bush would be supporting his statements about Islam that so many Christians have taken offense to - based on your reasoning.

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Now Ken, they don't want to reason.. They want to argue.

They don't want the truth, they want their perception of the truth.

Jamie