1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Politically Correct"? NO!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by robycop3, Aug 17, 2019.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not at all "politically correct", as that style is a reflection of New-Age-Liberal policies I despise. And that includes the "lingo". I just won't use it, except sarcastically. For instance:

"African American"- The only African American I ever heard of was the basketball star Hakeem Olajuwon, who was originally a citizen of Nigeria. He applied for, & received, American citizenship, but, due to clerical error, his Nigerian citizenship was still in effect. Until that was corrected, he was technically an "African American".

"Native American"-First, the handle "Indian" is not a slur. The first Europeans to reach North America thought they'd landed in India, and, not knowing what an Indian looked like, called the people they saw "Indians", no insult intended.
    These people are descended from the people now known as Mongolians, as shown by DNA. Their ancestors crossed the Bering Sea while a land bridge still connected Asia and Alaska, spreading eastward & southward, while some remained in what's now Alaska & others moved across what's now Canada. They split into various tribes & nations, with some reaching South America.
    Another trait many of their nations shared with the Mongols was horsemanship, as they acquired horses from the Spanish, & also many shared great archery ability with the Mongols as well.

A better term for the American Indians is "Aboriginal Continentals", as "aborigine" means an original inhabitant. (Not just of Australia.) But those words might be above New-Age-Liberals' heads!

"Plus-size" is just a "polite" term for "overweight".

I still say "handicapped, disabled, deaf, blind, mute, crippled, retarded", etc. & I'm not gonna change. Everyone knows what these terms mean. I simply REFUSE to let the New-Age-Liberals tell me how to speak. I have the same rights they do, including the right to ignore them.

Remember, folks, "Progressive" is just another name for a New-Age-Liberal who's trying to cover up his liberalism to most of society. While they have the same right to express their views as we do, we shouldn't interfere with that right. Just ignore them, & they'll dry up & blow away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am politically right!

Outstanding

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.

-Theodore Roosevelt

The Oneida Indian Nation (of New York) prefers to be called Indian.

and I find the term "short to be PC - that is the reason I call such a person "Space efficient"

QUOTE="robycop3, post: 2522333, member: 5296"]

I still say "handicapped, disabled, deaf, blind, mute, crippled, retarded", etc. & I'm not gonna change. Everyone knows what these terms mean. I simply REFUSE to let the New-Age-Liberals tell me how to speak. I have the same rights they do, including the right to ignore

QUOTE="robycop3, post: 2522333, member: 5296"]
    Now the word "Retard" is meant to be offensive
    I wonder how many people realize that the word "retarded" was use to replace the word "idiot"!

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have difficulty with people who seem to believe they have the license to use offensive terms just because they have freedom of speech and can ignore the preferences of ethnic groups just because they can.

Out of courtesy, I usually call people what they want to be called. While Roby can think of only one African American, I can assure you that there were millions who were born in Africa and forcibly brought to the Americas. If their descendants prefer to be called by that moniker, it makes no difference to me.

Roosevelt, of course, was wrong. His was the typical view of the most WASPish of the WASPS. Yet America managed to win two world wars and become the world's sole superpower with hyphenated Americans.

PC can be taken to extremes, of course. But common courtesy is always correct, political or not.

#3 rsr, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has become "offensive" to not call a transgender by their desired moniker for the sex they delusionally want but cannot really have. I am not calling a man a woman and vice versa. See I have a problem with that.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who determines if a term is offensive?

I do not like being called anti-abortion
    I am not negative, I am positive.

I prefer to be called Pro-choice -
    I believe that if the baby wants to be aborted, say go ahead and let him.

As far as the term - "African-American"
    exactly what does that mean?

A citizen from African nation steps off the plane -
    is he an African- American.
    At what point does he become an A-A?

Would a Caucasian from South Africa be called an African American?

The first night of Basic Training -our Drill Sgt told us that Charlie (Viet-Cong)
    was color-blind - he could only see green. and if you were wearing a green
    uniform - he would kill you. Made no difference if you were black, white, yellow or red,
    you had green - Charlie would kill you.
    At that point - we were American Soldiers!!!

To go a step further, I have no problem with folks maintaining their history and culture
    But our first loyalty should be with the USA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a kid, blax wanted to be called "negroes" or "colored". If a white called a black "black", it was a fighting term.

Guess I was an ignorant kid. I always wondered why they were offended by "black", when "Negro" is simply Spanish for - BLACK !

And why were they called "colored" ? I was colored - colored pastel white.

At the time when blax were first wanting to be called "black" or "African-American", I saw a cartoon in which a white was addressing a black, saying, "I don't wanna offend anyone, so what're y'all calling yerselves this week ?"