1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Will You Take the Vaccine?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, May 15, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have no reason to take the vaccine since I already had covid, imo. Otherwise I would wait to see how people react to the vaccine.

2. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    problem with any covid virus vaccine is the corona virus family easily mutates its outer envelope invalidating the vaccine.
    Think of this as a lock and key, if they do not match they dont work. Although body memory immunity naturally acquired, if it has dealt before with a similar virus can more quickly adapt and make antibodies that do work to similar looking virus, it is like your immune system has a head start..
    God gave us immune memory cells that remember past infections and know how to quickly program and manufacture antibodies. When the specialized immune cells 'feels' the virus infection, and these cells do have a covering of thousands of tiny feeler arms that touch and grope over everything, and if it does not recognize it as you, if it recognizes an infected altered cell, cancer or virus, bacteria, it is primed to pump out millions of antibodies. It can figure out what it needs to do.

#42 Scott Downey, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020