1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pope begs forgiveness for 'irreparable' harm from sex abuse

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Wesley Briggman, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which is a good thing.

3. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as I know, the Pope did not commit the sexual offense. Why is he begging for forgiveness and from whom?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no Catholic doctrine demanding abuse of that sort so the Pope loses nothing by condemning it. He could only "lose" by ignoring it - when now at this point - it has gone so public.

As leader of his denomination he has to take ownership , especially the way Catholics fawn over their pope in that news clip -- as opposed to having some other denominational leader visit town with far less fawning, crowd-fare etc.

How many Catholics still pray to Pope John Paul II??

And how many of the members of the other Christian denominations are praying to their own dead leaders? Given that contrast --- he has to take the ownership of the mistakes made by his church.

5. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her

• Like Like x 1
  6. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Basic prayer inclusive to all mankind we ask God for forgiveness on behalf of all too.

12‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Like if someone punches you, that would still be an offense to me, I still do suffer for it would probably make me furious.

Likewise I still would have a concern over the attacker's succumbing to cowardice acting on evil, I have to examine myself if could have set a better example.

With God on your side your responsibility has a limitless capacity.

Other examples is like Moses on behalf of his people, Jesus and Stephen pleading forgiveness on behalf of those killing them.