1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pope Says Even Atheists Can Go To Heaven!!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Baptist4life, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

If what you say is true (which it isn't) then you are not assured of never dying after being with Jesus.

What a sad and hopeless cult you follow.

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you've done just what I said--because of your mis-understanding of 1 doctrine--it forces you to deny other plain scriptures relating to another TRUTH.:flower::flower::flower:

3. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

The only person doing the "twisting" of Scripture is you, HW.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2 Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
    2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Not only are you promoting the false teachings of the Sacred Name cult, you are also a Universalist....using your logic, even the monster Hitler will be in heaven! :tonofbricks: You are not a Baptist for sure.

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Instead of dealing directly with the scriptures I presented to you--you go to other scriptures and condemn me by them.

WHY NOT DEAL WITH THE PASSAGE THAT IS SPOKEN OF ON THIS TOPIC?

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

there again your false speculation according to your distorted view.

6. Steadfast Fred

So you claim.

You cannot be consistent in your postings. You say "many" in Romans 5:19 means "all" in both cases, yet you don't believe "everlasting" in Matthew 25:46 means the same amount of time.

Sorry, but we can't take anything you say seriously, given your propensity to contradict not just the Word of God, but yourself as well.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Tell us StedFred what you think the Many in both aspects mean friend by all means ???

:applause::applause::applause:

8. Steadfast Fred

I already told you what "many" means. You rejected it.

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I must have missed it--please tell us again fred :love2::love2:

10. Steadfast Fred

The word "many" has various meanings. Notice Acts 17:12 (KJV)
    Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Many here obviously does not mean all. Many of them, but not all

In Romans 19, we see a contrast. The first instance of many indicates an indeterminate number that signifies all of mankind. All of mankind was judged to be sinners because of one man's disobedience.

The contrast os the second instance of the word "many" in that verse. The second instance also indicates an indeterminate number, yet does not mean all.

We know this to be truth because of Jesus' own words in which He said the wicked would go away into everlasting punishment. If, as you incorrectly assume that all would be made righteous, all would eventually be removed from a state of punishment, then we must also conclude that the righteous who are given life everlasting will one day come to a place where their life everlasting will also be removed from them and they will die.

But this makes the Lord Jesus Christ a liar, who promised that those who believe in Him that they would never die.

Your position is wrong, it makes Our Lord a liar, and nullifies the need for Christ to have suffered and died on the cross.

If one could spend time in the lake of fire and be cleansed of sin, there was no need for Christ to die.

Your position is blasphemous and heretical, to say the least.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

still waiting on your response fred--and did you receive my per message to you--I would like to talk to you about the good ole hometown :love2:

12. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

As a linguist, I can affirm that you are correct in this area, at least. Thus, the word "eternal" is mistranslated. An eon (GreeK: "aion") is not an eternity.

Those who deny that are really the ones denying scripture, regardless of their claims against those who interpret the original correctly.