1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jedi Knight, Oct 29, 2014.

1. CatMommy

CatMommy New Member

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

3. CatMommy

CatMommy New Member

I'm not at all familiar with Flew.
    Though I think Christopher Hitchens, a contemporary of Dawkins at the time and close friend, is probably spinning in his grave after that CP article was published.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So he is evolving. ;)

6. CatMommy

CatMommy New Member

One can only hope. Though I think he's perhaps a bit scared. He saw how Hitchens died. Esophageal cancer was his diagnosis. But Pneumonia killed him.

Which is interesting as it is tragic since he used his voice to berate Christianity and condemn God almost exclusively. Though he had said he was opposed to all religion his favorite target during his lecture and debate series was to condemn Christianity and Christians.
    Then he comes down with a cancer that affects the very instrument he used to wage his assault. And he had a brother who was a Theist.
    Ironic as that is I doubt the man realized every time he slandered faith and those faithful he was also attacking his own blood.

But the cancer wasn't what killed Hitchens, who mocked those who held him in their prayers. Pneumonia killed him in hospital where he was said to have entered remission for his cancer.
    I think Dawkins realizing what happened to Hitchens recognized his own mortality. And how hate came back to damn Hitchens to the end.

All a guess on my part of course as pertains to Dawkins.