1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Positives that come out of this virus

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is about paying attention to positive things during this crisis. Such as the numbers related to those who recovers from it etc. What it is not is a backhanded attempt to criticize Trump wrapped up in compliment of some kind. That would be off topic.

To start it looks like we will be ramping up manufacturing of our own drugs instead of relying on China.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    n a White House press briefing Wednesday, President Donald Trump said that he was invoking the Defense Production Act in the event he needed to use the authorities granted in the federal statute to fight what he is now calling a “war” on COVID-19.

The president indicated during the press briefing that authorities granted in the act would be used to increase production of in-demand medical equipment, including ventilators and masks.

His administration has production targets for key pieces of equipment to fight COVID-19, the new coronavirus disease, and Vice President Mike Pence said industry leaders are “ready to step in” and add to our supply of these items.

The Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended, is a federal statute, passed during the Korean War. According to a short primer by the Congressional Research Service, it confers “upon the President a broad set of authorities to influence domestic industry in the interest of national defense. The authorities can be used across the federal government to shape the domestic industrial base so that, when called upon, it is capable of providing essential materials and goods needed for the national defense.”

It seems likely to us that the president will need to use the authorities under the statute in the coming weeks and months, whether that’s to allocate raw materials among manufacturers, prioritize government contracts, or limit distribution only to permitted buyers. For the time being, we wanted to answer some basic questions about the statute.

The Defense Production Act was passed during the Korean War. It can be found at Public Law 81-774, or 50 U.S.C. §§4501 et seq. If you want to read it, click this link.

What the Defense Production Act Is and How Can It Can Help the Government Fight COVID-19

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, he sure needs something to offset the dims all out agenda to sue him over every act he attempts!!
    If nothing else, this will wake up a lot of Christians to the need for revival in America, and, just like Israel, we are not immune from God's judgment.
    In addition, getting our basic needs BACK to being mfg in the USA is worth it, but I'm hoping & praying that this is also something that will make the general public more aware of how far from a civilized political system we have had for so long and is suddenly glaringly obvious that one faction is FAR more interested in power rather that the well being of the nation!!
    With a couple of big Ds praising the POTUS, it really puts pressure on the D elite, does it not??:Roflmao

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the practice of shaking hands is decreased, it will be a good thing. I include the "greet the person next to you" ritual in church services. I hope that practice is discontinued.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As an introvert, let me say I agree with InTheLight!! LOL!! [​IMG]

On a serious note - and this is something I see going on in my area in a HUGE way. I think - I KNOW - the gospel is going to spread more and God's people, in part, are going to get on the stick.

There are a lot of churches in my area live-streaming as our Governor has mandated no gatherings above 50 people.

Last night at my church we had 24 people and we live streamed. God had been impressing on me ALL day how he was going to move the church - those who would be moved - into seeing a much bigger picture and causing Christians to search out what he is doing right now and to be more obedient to him and seek out way via technology to get the gospel to more people at this time than every imagined.

He is making the church uncomfortable - not feeling guilty for non-attendance, that's not God - but having to look at "church" in a different way or to look, FOR ONCE, at the incredible amount of lost people there are.

Even when things go back to normal, I pray the church continue to move and be moved into more action - whatever it takes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Criticsm of anything anywhere is contrary to the op.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On Wednesday, Gregory Rigano, an advisor to the Stanford University School of Medicine, claimed that a world-renowned French researcher had tested a promising cure for coronavirus.

He tweeted: “Full peer-reviewed study has been released by Didier Raoult MD, PhD. After 6 days 100% of patients treated with HCQ + Azithromycin were virologically cured.”

French Peer-Reviewed Study: Our Treatment Cured 100% Of Coronavirus Patients

• Like Like x 1
  10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the midst of a global pandemic, people are looking on the bright side of life–literally. As COVID-19 continues to spread and the need for social distancing increases, Twitter users are calling for people to put their Christmas lights back up. With school and work closing, restaurants shutting down, and events being cancelled, many people are feeling the scary effects of the Coronavirus. And for parents with kids home from school for an indefinite period, the need for a light at the end of the tunnel is especially significant, which is why a call to get the Christmas lights back out is taking the internet by storm. I mean, if you're going to be stuck in your home, you might as well make it look pretty, right?

People Are Putting Their Christmas Lights Back Up Amid Coronavirus Fears

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It highlights the importance of jobs like mine, I'm a cashier at a grocery store & considered an essential employee during this cris. My work gave me a paper that I must have on me any time I go to work so that if I get stopped I can show it to the authorities.
    We're important and provide a needed service in order for our society as it is now to function, "low skill jobs" like working non-management at a grocery store aren't lesser nor are they only reserved for the lazy and uneducated.