1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Power to the People

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Based on what?

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I hope this man is successful in keeping this Bush appointee from being confirmed. I don't think he should serve as a judge anywhere.

3. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

You said this twice. For what reason do you think he should not serve as a judge? Surely you are not so unthinking as to think he is unqualified simply because Bush appointed him. I don't expect much out of you, but I expect more than that.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Don't worry about it pastor, I don't expect anything meaningful from you at all.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Lack of federal judicial experience
    2. Potential conflict of interest in hearing cases that involve the CCA
    3. Close ties to powerful politicians indicate he may rule on political ideals rather on ruling on current law. In other words, an activist conservative judge.

I have no idea how qualified or unqualified he is. Guess the Seante will have to decide.

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

You have been here long enough to know better than that. But if you choose not to defend your statement, that's fine. It was just a curious one.

I don't know if the guy should be confirmed or not. (I have this habit of not pretending to know stuff, which is irritating to some, I know). I thought maybe you had some insight you could offer.

Apparently you don't.

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I don't find this a convincing reason. You have to start somewhere, and this level is a usual place to start.

This I know nothing about.

This is probably completely bogus, but again, who knows. Given his lack of judicial experience you cite above, it seems this is illegitimate to claim. I don't know of any close ties to powerful politicians, and "conservative activist" is a misuse of language. An activist is one who believes the bench should legislate. A conservative is one who believes the bench should conserve what was passed down and leave the legislating to the legislature.

I have no idea how qualified or unqualified he is. Guess the Seante will have to decide.