1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Powerful Message.. take a moment and listen

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 23, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

2. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Yes, it is a really good message and one heard all too seldom. But I don't care for a preacher who cries just to get people worked into a frenzy.

4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Yeah, but he had sincere passion that we hardly see in today's Churches. I honestly applaud him. He didnt preach a message that people want to hear, he preached a message of salvation.

5. Predestined

Predestined Member

This particular message has a special place in my heart. My 19 year old son listened to this very message two weeks before he was murdered last month...we listened to it together in his room. Long story short, Derek had come to know Christ as Lord and Savior...I'll always cherish this message from Paul Washer.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

How do you feel now? Are you more sad that he is gone now or rather happy that he got saved? This has to be a strange feeling.

7. Predestined

Predestined Member

I take comfort in his salvation....I thank God for his salvation....the pain of my son being gone is almost unbearable. I will be reunited with him one day....that I look forward to. There are no words within my vocabulary to describe how I feel...emotions, in a case like this, can hit in waves. I take comfort when and where I can...his salvation is one of those things.

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Wow.. I am very happy that your son accepted the Lord as his saviour. I cant even imagine your paid. If there is anything, and I mean anything that I can do to help please let me know. May God Bless you. :1_grouphug:

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh. :(
    Do you think that there is a link between him getting saved and his death?

10. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Well,

xdisciplex... God's ways are higher then our ways. When I was 6 years old, I saw my Mother cry out to Jesus and accept him as her saviour. As soon as she accepted Jesus she had an inmediate change in her and 1 week later she passed on. It was very difficult on my Father, Brothers and Sisters. However, maybe if she would have stayed in this world she could have backslidden and gone back to the world and gone to hell. I think of that sometimes.

11. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Those questions are hard to answer but if living on this earth is so dangerous once you're saved then why did Peter revive the christian woman which died? Wasn't she lucky because she had already made it to the other side? Why did Peter bring her back? I think if I had already been in heaven I wouldn't want to go back and I'd be angry if somebody brought me back.

12. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

I went through grief counseling sessions (my husband) last year with a woman who was there because she had lost her grown son in a car crash about 4 months earlier. She had the special, God-given gift of knowing her son had FINALLY received Jesus as his Savior very soon before he died, just as you did. Part of the reason she was such an emotional wreck was because she could not reconcile her "human-heart-grief" over losing her beloved child, with her "Christian-heart knowledge" that her son was safe and whole. On the one hand she hurt unbearably....on the other she felt guilty for grieving.

What she learned--as did we all--in this Christian-based grief counseling is that it is NORMAL to hurt and feel grief, and that no one has the "right" to belittle your pain (or compare it to anyone else's) or question your faith (including YOU doing that to yourself). No matter how much we know that our loved one is MUCH better off than we are right there in the company of our Lord and Savior right NOW.....right now WE are here without them. And it hurts. And it's okay to SAY that it hurts, and ask God to help you through the pain of the loss. He knows what's in your heart anyway.

I pray that you will be surrounded by people that will offer their shoulder and give you the opportunity to heal the way you need to. But mostly, I pray that God will wrap you up in His comfort and love and carry you through this time in your life, just as He is doing for me. You will never, ever in your life come to understand or have the opportunity to experience the heights of His power, or the depths of His peace, as you will now.