1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise for the BB

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

There have been times I have let my angry get the best of me since being on BB. I have even thought of leaving but have toughened my hide and stayed. I have began to realize just how much help being on this board has been to me. As I was preaching today many of the Scriptures that I have been forced to study in order to debate just flowed out of me. My understanding of many Scriptures has increased. I have come to learn more about things I knew about foreknew, election, elect and predestination but had never gotten real deep in the subject. There have been many other things I have been forced to study such as Revelation and the OT. It has increased my knowledge very much. I have been an ordained minister for 34 years and have always pride myself on having studied the Scripture so I could convey a message and support it by Scriptures. Being on here had not changed my beliefs but made me stronger in them that all men have a right to the Tree of Life if they will believe in Jesus Christ. That belief incompasses a lot but I will not go into it, I just wanted you to know I am glad I stayed the course and that I am still with you. I have learned the real purpose of this board. It is not to quarrel with one another but to learn. :praying: peace to all:praying:

#1 Brother Bob, Jul 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2006
  2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Hey, Bob, on this we TOTALLY agree!

I find that I am forced to study when I discuss things that that is ultimately good...

I still think you are crazy about a few things...but I am sure you feel the same way about me. :)

God bless!

DC

3. Rex77

Rex77 Member

I have always said if all saved people agreed with each other about all doctrines there would be much less bible study.

It appears that we tend to think- All the world is wrong save me and thee,
    and even thee art wrong most of the time.:laugh:

4. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Great thread Bro. Bob! Not all of us can agree or interpret the scriptures the same. We all need to be in the Word. I think being on this board makes all of us question, visit scripture, think and rethink things....it keeps us focused. The BB is a learning experience every day. I enjoy being on here and I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.
    Great thread! It's nice to read praise here!!! :praise:
    :thumbs: :Fish:

5. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

I am new here but I also am liking the BB very much - Great fellowhship & debate

I still have a lot to learn, as you know from some of my posts :smilewinkgrin:

Thank you for being part of it :praise:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I am one who doesn't believe in one interpritation of scripture. I believe the word is a living word by divine design. I realize there are wrong views of scripture but also know there are at times more than one right view.

I have agreed with many of your beliefs, respected others and disagreed with a few. Thanks for staying and sharing your beliefs, they have helped me grow stronger in the few days I have been here.

Iron sharpens Iron and I too am preaching from a renewed perspective because of this board.

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I hope I am not being to picky here but as I see it, there is a difference between interpretation and application.

FOr instance, thou shalt not steal only has one interpretation but can be applied to shoplifting, fraud and a host of other forms of theft.

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Brother Bob,

You are so right -- Discussions on the BB have sent me digging more than once. I love that feeling.

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I heartily join with Brother Bob and all of you. My own beliefs are stronger, having tested them against articulate proponents of other views.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

LOL, :thumbs:

Ok, I guess I left that too open ended. I mean like the calvinist and fundamentalist here read the same passage but draw different understanding. Some say we sinned (past tense) some say we are sinners (present tense). I know I'm not perfect and my thoughts are not always pure.

For these reasons I try not to assume any concrete conclusions because I believe it leads to spiritual blindness and a one track mind. This was clearly a problem with the Pharisees. The law said don't work on the sabbath but Jesus said give the guy a break, he hasn't walked in 38 years.

You ever preach a verse oneway this time and a completely different way later on? I have, and I believe they were both correct. It is the living aspect of GODS word.

11. drfuss

drfuss New Member

The BB has been a blessing to me also.

My beliefs have been fine tuned and strengthened in some important areas. In other non-essential areas like future events, I realize that much of what I heard down through the years as fact is probably just speculation.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thanks for your posts.