1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise God for Dr. Dino

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SAMPLEWOW, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If I had, it would have been for me to do so.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? I don't know. Only God knows. I don't keep track, lest I boast. If the Holy Spirit called me to share the Gospel. I shared it. I wasn't aware it was a numbers game, nor was I aware of the idea that winning souls somehow absolves someone like Hovind of being a liar, fraud, cheat, and charlatain.

I'm sure that's what "Dr" (he's no such thing) Hovind's thinking is when he commits his charlatainism.

He's still a charlatain.
    The man's still a charlatain.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then ask him about his "degree". He's fake. He has no legitimate doctorate degree. He continually lies to people about his education, his dissertaion, and his credentials. His income tax "belief" is a smokescreen to get out of paying income taxes. He's a charlatain in the worst way.

I didn't even address his scientific claims. In fact, his charlatainism is abundant without addressing it.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

On science, Fake Dr Hovind says plate tectonics don't exist. He has also said people use only ten-percent of their brains (which is not true, though I suspect he hopes his audience only uses 10% of their brains lest they discover what a fake he is). He also said that fossil hunters uncovered an Allosaurus skeleton eating a fossilized man, and that federal agents in New Mexico swooped in and seized all the evidence (Hovind failed to realize he had fallen for an April fool's hoax). He said it's impossible for life to develop from single-celled microorganisms, because reproduction requires male and female (despite the fact that single-celled organisms reproduce via asexual reproduction, something I suppose degree mills don't teach their science students). He also said Combined dosages of vitamin B17 with vitamin C cures cancer (he must be hanging around with infomercial con artist Kevin Trudeau). He has been quoted as saying that the U.S. Supreme Court said public schools could teach Bible courses (he purposefully omits the part about such instruction being nonsectarian). Of most interest is when he said a New World Order will deplete the earth's population to 500 million people by May 5, 2000. Well, the millenial cinco-de-mayo has come and gone, and the world population is still in the 6 billion range.

Oh, btw, he's a KJVOist, too.

4. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

JohnV

My brother I'm afraid that you spend to much time criticising others for me to take much stock it what you say.

I think I will stick with believing Dr. Hovind and like I said earlier when you are the most sought after creation speaker in America and get to Wyoming to do a debate I'll be glad to come see you.

Oh yes I wanted to let you know that I to go to a small school like Dr.Hovind got his Doctorate from and I am a bit offended by your saying that people like myself are getting our degrees out of mills.

Dr. Hovind went to school for 9 years to get his degree and I don't think I will judge him for going to a Christian school .

You have the right to think any way you wish but I'm glad I don't have a hateful heart.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It's not a matter of opinion. I don't accuse the man lightly. The statements I've made about him are factual.

Hovind didn't get his degrees from a "small school" (he claims a masters and doctorate in education from Patriot University). He got his degrees from a degree mill. The school isn't even legitimately acredited (they're now acredited via the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions, an accreditation mill that "accredit" you for $100). In fact, PU (how appropriate) makes a habit of not listing their faculty (assuming they even have faciulty). If you don't believe me about the falsity of this "school" visit the Name-It-And-Frame-It website, which maintains a list of degree mills.

His degree is as bogus as an ordination from Universal Life Church. So, unless you want to start referring to me as a legitimately ordained pastor, then I submit that Hovind's credentials are, in the very least, copiously suspect. Feel free to do a google search on the man. In the very least, you should at least acknowlege that Answers-In-Genesis believes the man to be likewise suspect.

It's undeniably sad that charlatains like Hovind exist so as to prey on unsuspecting members of the flock. We Christians should not tolerate this type of huckster.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've only heard the guy a few times, so I can't comment very intelligently on his "character"!

However, it does seem a bit odd to me that if his reasons/methods of refusing to pay income tax were NOT sound, that the IRS would have him up on charges pronto.

The fact that he's a Christian lecturer would only hasten the process, of "tax evasion" charges, or whatever crime it would be in his case.

So to use this as a criticism against Hovind, when no legal action is obviously taking place, calls into question the oyher criticisms of his character; seems to tell me more about the complainer than it does about Hovind. :rolleyes:

7. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

I think I'll just let you have this one so as to not make you sin anymore that you already have .

God bless you brother .

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You're kidding aren't you? Did you not know that Hovind has been twice arrested for tax evasion and fraud? In 1996, he attempted ti file for bankruptcy, but his request was denied when it was discovered he lied about his assets. In 1998, he tried and failed to get out of all debts, citing bogus "i was defrauded by my debtors" claims. In the last five years, he got in trouble numerous times for not paying personal income taxes. Hovind currently has several tax liens against him in excess of half a million dollars. They're a matter of public record.
    It is with heavy heart that I must report that the critiques against Hovind are true and factual. I wish they were not so. The fact that so many well-meaning believers are being taken in by him is sad.

If you believe me to have sinned, please point out the specific sin, and provide support documenting what I said was sinful. If you can do this, I will acknowlege that what I have said is a sin, and will repent. Sadly, everything I've said is truthful.

9. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I think Johnv has poven that we should at least keep our gaurd up on this one. He has at least shown probable cause to be concerned.

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"The income tax is constitutional"

True and unfortunant. I wish they would have at least capped it at the 2% it was when it started. Oh the good old days!

12. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I'm glad you had a good time.

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My apologies, Johnv.

As I said, I have only heard him a few times, and don't follow his circuit so was unaware of his IRS problems.

Again, my apologies for commenting on something of which I was not knowledgeable!

( I can relate to Peter in this respect; I DO have a tendency to chew my shoe leather at times [​IMG] )

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Apology accepted. No harm done. I'm loathe to touch the anointed, and in Hovind's case, I don't do so lightly.