1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray 4 our niece

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Barnabas H., Jan 25, 2010.

1. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for Postka's salvation:1_grouphug:

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying::1_grouphug:

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

praying for her salvation will be soon.

4. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you folks for your continued prayer for Potska. Her sister, Suann, returned to Florida and a long-time friend of Potska is caring for her at the present. Potska does not want to see her Mom, her only brother, but those relatives and friends who are keeping her in her denial and rejection of the Lord. She was 140 lbs two years back but when she got ill she went down to 95, and now one of our other niece was telling us that Potska is just skin and bones. She did call her attorney though, and also her husband of whom she divorced because of infidelity. At least something good came out of that because she forgave him and remarried him, leaving everything to him. Her husband is a doctor, and now he is caring for her on a daily basis. I am afraid Potska does not have too long to live, but we are praying, for even though she has turned away from God, the Lord loved her and died for her on Calvary. He can break her heart, cause her to repent and usher her into eternity. We are indeed praying for a miracle. Again, thank you good folks for lifting up Potska daily on your prayer wings! :praying:

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Still praying and hoping for Potska's salvation. God is able. But she must be willing. I noticed that it's been some months since she was only expected to last for 4 weeks. God has extended His mercy and still offers His grace. The battle is spiritual. Praying for Suann that God will strengthen her and encourage her and make her effective in her witness and ministry to her sister. Prayer in faith believing that God is able, are the only weapons we have to come against this spiritual opposition and break down the barriers. She is betting her life for her soul: her pride and the approval of friends for something which they know nothing about....... after death then what .......except that one die and return to tell us.... and Jesus did. Oh that her heart may be softened and hear the spirit pleading to her and for her! Jesus can save but she must believe. :praying:

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am praying for the strongholds to be broken in her heart. Only God can do that. I pray that He remove the stumbling blocks - whatever they may be - and that Potska be miraculously saved and healed.

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Potska is in my prayers. May God provide her every need as He alone is able!

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

for Postka's salvation

11. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Lord, I pray that you will break down the barriers which keep Postka from accepting you as her Lord and Saviour. Lord, I pray that you will continue to minister to Postka and her family at this time and that she will call upon your Name.

:praying:

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for Postka's salvation.

13. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for Postka

14. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for Postka's salvation and believing the promise that God is not willing that any should perish. We are praying that Postka will want Jesus as her
    Savior!:1_grouphug:

15. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Soften Postka's heart toward You, Lord for salvation.

16. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    So sorry for the long silence, but we were in prayer on behalf of our niece, Potska. Yesterday we got the word from one of our other nieces that Potska died Tuesday night. She was going down day by day, but had a strong heart to sustain her. A couple of weeks back they started chemo therapy with her, which she did not want earlier because she accepted the inevitable. But her doctor husband convinced her to the contrary and she underwent the treatment.

That other niece, was unable to get in touch with us over the phone so she sent an email and summarized her encounter with Potska in the following: "Potska told me the last time I was there that she was ready to meet her Maker and prayed that if the pain got any worse, God would be merciful and take her." We only trust that Potska has read my letter, which was preparing her on her spiritual journey for the life to come. Based upon the above sentence we trust that Potska eventually cried to God and surrendered her heart to Him. Thank you all, you precious folks, for praying and lifting Potska up to the throne of grace all this time.

Love in Christ,
    Barnabas :flower:

#56 Barnabas H., May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  17. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We pray that Postka did indeed ask the Lord to become her Savior!
    Now we want to pray that God will comfort her family at this time.
    Thanks for the update on Postka!:praying::1_grouphug:

18. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so very sorry Barnabas for your loss.

19. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I am so sorry to read of Postka's passing.

20. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you folks for your gracious words of sympathy for the family. I shared this news with our pastor this morning and this is what he replied (an excerpt is shown below):