1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray!.. And Row Towards Shore!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Apr 12, 2023.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Years ago when I would go to visit my pastor and friend Bob, I always noticed this picture of a man sitting in a boat in the middle of a lake... I also noticed on the painting a gold plague on the bottom of the frame in the middle with these words... Pray!... And Row Towards Shore... The following true story is about such an event... We are told to pray... But must we also if needed put feet to our prayers?... Brother Glen:)

Years ago I heard a cute, but wise reminder of this truth. Chuck Swindoll was preaching on the godly role of a vibrant, active faith. He told about a preacher who preached a sermon on the topic. In the sermon the preacher told the congregation to be specific when they prayed for things. Avoid the generic stuff. Pray so specifically that the Lord’s answer will be undeniable. A few weeks later a mother of a young lady in the church asked to see the pastor. The mother had been absent the Sunday he preached this sermon. “Pastor, I’m concerned about my daughter. She came home from church a few weeks ago and went right out to Nordstrom’s, bought a pair of men’s dress slacks, and hung them on the footboard of her bed. They are still there.” The pastor promised to talk to the daughter. When the pastor and the daughter met, the daughter explained. She took the pastor at his word that Sunday. “Pastor, I’ve been looking for a suitable husband for years, and no one ever showed up that filled my heart. After your sermon that Sunday, I went right out to the store, bought a very nice pair of men’s slacks, even picking the size that I prefer, and hung them on my bed to remind me. Every night before I go to sleep, I pray, ‘Dear Lord above, please hear my prayer and grant it if you can. I’ve hung these slacks upon my bed. Please fill them with a man.” After that the pastor assured the mother that her daughter was fine. A few months later the daughter asked to meet with the pastor. At that meeting she introduced him to a handsome young man, her fiancé! She privately confided to the pastor, “He even fits the size of the pants that I bought!” God indeed does answer prayer!

• Like Like x 1