1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for Keith

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, Jun 22, 2007.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Keith is the son of one of the members of my local church. He is a Christian and a member of the Virginia Army National Guard

Within the past year or so, Keith --

1) Came back to VA after a year's deployment to Afghanistan, and

2) Was enrolled as a student at Virginia Tech and was a close friend of one of the people who was murdered in that tragic massacre earlier this year. :tear:

Tomorrow, Saturday, June 23, 2007, Keith and his VA Army Guard unit will once again leave VA: First, for some additional military training at Camp Shelby in southern Mississippi; and then, Second, for at least a year's deployment to Iraq.

Keith loves the Lord, but he and his military unit will definitely need our prayers! :praying:

2. palagislandgirl

palagislandgirl New Member

Praying!
    :godisgood:

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

praying here too.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Most certainly!

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Update on Keith:

I had a chance to talk with Keith's mother today at worship services.

He and his VA Army Guard unit just arrived in Kuwait, but will soon move into Iraq. He is involved with transportation, which could mean a lot more exposure to IED's--thus increasing the risk.

Pray for him and his unit as well as for all of our brave men and women serving in our armed forces in that troubled area.

Thanks.

6. Jules80

Jules80 New Member

I will definitely pray for you tonight.

7. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

:jesus: :jesus: :praying: :praying:

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I know it's been quite some time since I've given any one any updates on Keith, so here's the latest:

First of all, Keith's mother wants to thank all of you on BB who've been upholding him and his buddies in prayer! Probably only in eternity will we completely know how effectual your prayers for him have been, so thank you all for continuing to pray for him.

As it currently stands, Keith is scheduled to return to the States in just a couple weeks. Of course, (as I'm sure you already know) that doesn't mean we can now stop praying for him, but at least it would appear that his time in Iraq will soon be coming to an end--Praise God for that!!

He plans to be back with his mother and step-father at least in time to celebrate Mothers' Day this May. What a Mothers' Day present that will be for her!! :applause:

But, continue to pray for Keith. Soon after he gets home, his full-time active duty obligations with the VA Army National Guard should be over; however, what his plans will be after that is still uncertain. He'd like to continue his college education--possibly at VA Tech--but maybe closer to his folks here in Middle TN. He's asked for prayers for God's guidance in these matters.

Also, while Keith himself may be coming home soon, he will leave with many of his comrades in arms still over there in Iraq.

These are America's finest young men and women today!!! They've answered the call to serve in our armed forces. They deserve our support, our respect, and--most of all--our prayers.

God Bless Them All!!! :thumbs:

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Yes indeed I will keep Keith and all those that are serving in the armed forces. :praying:

10. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Keith has made it back home safely!! :godisgood:

He wants all of you to know that he certainly appreciates all of those who prayed for him and his buddies while they were over in Iraq.

He still has a couple months to go in his commitment to the VA Army National Guard, but that should be it then. He told me after being deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq, he's had all the fun he could take! :thumbs:

Please continue to pray for him as he starts back up with his studies at VA Tech (and for the rest of our brave men and women in the military who are still deployed over in these very dangerous places). :praying:

11. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Glad to hear the thumbs up on Keith's homecoming to the states by Mother's Day.

Yes indeed, he and his commrades, and all the armed forces have my prayers. I believe in the courage and admire the loyalty of our service folks who join to protect our freedoms and keep liberty alive.