1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Balloons Fly Straight to Baptist Pastor

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Student asked God for help paying for school in a note tied on a balloon. A minister found it and answered her prayer

"Mykehia Curry is the first member of her family to go to college. She wants to be a nurse. On Saturday, just days before she was scheduled to leave for school, she asked God for help. 'I wrote a note that said 'God please help me get the rest of my stuff for college,'' Curry told CNN. 'Then I said 'Amen, I love you God' and I wrote my name and number.' She tied the note to three helium balloons leftover from her grandmother's birthday celebration and let them go."

"The balloons flew about 15 miles northeast and carried the note to Gray, Georgia. That's where Jerome Jones, a Baptist minister, found it....'I saw something shiny and floating, so I walked over there and I got it and it was balloons with a note tied to it,' Jones told CNN affiliate WMGT. 'They floated all night and they landed right in my hands'....He called Curry and offered to buy what she needed. 'He said they would love to help me out,' Curry said. 'I was so shocked and surprised.' Jones and another member of his church brought her a comforter and refrigerator on Tuesday and now she's on her way to Albany State to get moved into her dorm. She said she plans to keep in touch with Jones and let him know how she's doing at school."

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is Amazing!!!!

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post amazes me the same way the left amazes me; 'cept in "direction"!
    Just when I think I've seen God's best modern miracle, something like this pops up & I realize how little faith I truly have!
    Just when I think I've seen the the bottom of the left, they somehow manage to get a little lower than I thought was "bottom"!