1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayers appreciated

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Matt Black, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hi

My business partner, Iain and I have a meeting with our new bank manager today@ 1230 GMT. Thanks to a pretty grim first quarter (thus far) of this year in terms of cashflow, we are bumping up against our overdraft limit and, if we do not earn a few thousands quickly enough, will be unable to pay our staff next week (let alone ourselves), so in all probability will have to ask the bank for another £10k on our overdraft facility. The silver lining is that new business is beginning to pick up (although it could be better still) but presently isn’t turning into cashflow quickly enough. We had a good relationship with our previous manager and the appointment of this new chap gives up cause for concern that the bank may be seeking to tighten the screws on us ie: precisely the opposite of what we will be seeking today, which would effectively pull the plug on the business. So the meeting today is absolutely pivotal to the future survival of the practice and urgent prayers are needed. In particular, please ask the Lord for the following:

• 1.A good relationship with the new manager; his name is Brian Clarke.
    • 2.That the bank will grant our request for an uplift in the overdraft facility.
    • 3.That we will be able to pay our staff and ourselves at month end.
    • 4.That existing work-in-progress will complete more quickly and thus turn into cash.
    • 5.That we will have an increase in the amount of new business coming in from now on.
    • 6.That Iain and I will be given wisdom and guidance in the meeting today
    Many thanks

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I'll be praying for you and your business and your partnership with the bank, and payroll needs.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will be praying for this situation!

4. Matt Black

Site Supporter

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: with you, Matt Black and Lain for an answer to your 6-points prayer request. May the Lord richly bless you,your partner,staff,and an increase in business. And that you will have a good relationship with Brian Clarke, the new bank manager. We are trusting in the Lord's promise that He will answer our prayers. In Jesus' Name we pray. AMEN

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Didn't get home till 1300 but prayed for you then.

7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Thanks! Meeting's finished but we don't know whether we've got the additional money yet. They want accounts (not good) and the new guy is, as expected, more hard-nosed than our old manager. We'll know more in the next few days

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prayed for all the things that you asked, but I focused on your request for wisdom and guidance. May God fill you with it and may your business increase and workers receive their pay.

9. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Cheers, guys!