1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayers To Mary

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Feb 2, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do your research WM; do your research. And for once in your life look at other evidence besides that which is RCC.

2. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

I've done the research... and the result is not what want it to be. Further, that is the only so called document that you can provide. If the Baptists existed as far back as the minority believes there should tons of their writings in existence. There isn't, so they didn't.

WM

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And there never will be. Like the Albigenses their history was written in blood. They faced persecution from Domitian and succeeding Roman rulers, as well as religious leaders as the RCC. Their writings were burned.

If you remember Pope Innocent III was "kind enough" to order a Crusade against the peace-loving and godly Albigenses. He wiped them out. He burned their Bibles, and their writings. He was the one of the great Islamic leaders of today, so to speak. Genocide meant nothing to him. How would you expect their history to survive. You want first hand documents from such people but we only get sources from their enemies and for good reason. We have a trail written in blood. No wonder so many on this board think that the beast, the woman of Rev.17 is the RCC!

4. WestminsterMan

Oh... That's just a little toooo convenient there DHK.

WM

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Too convenient? I have studied the history of Innocent III from two different sources: the sanitized RCC source, which is not fit to be published, and other objective sources. I challenge you to study what this man did from sources totally unrelated to the Catholic Church.

6. WestminsterMan

What I mean is that there are no documents that would validate your position. It is a little too convenient to claim that the reason no documents exist is that the Catholic Church destroyed term all. That is way too convenient.

WM

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That answers your question (or perhaps it was someone else's) why there are a lot of second hand sources, but difficult to find the actual source document (especially online).

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

That *prayer* is pure idolatry, plain and simple. The goddess is being worsipped yet again.

9. WestminsterMan

I worship the banjo... The flailing banjo.

WM

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I hope it is a beautiful banjo. How does it help you get to heaven?

11. WestminsterMan

It's a banjo joke.

WM

12. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Do you really play the banjo? If so, we need to get together and pick! :thumbs:

13. WestminsterMan

Not a banjo picker. Play guitar though.

WM

14. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    WM,

You should thank your heavenly father that you live in 21st century USA! If you lived in say 13th century Europe you probably would be Roman Catholic, but it's not that you would have any choice in the matter!

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Really, maybe if he lived in the 1300’s he would have an excuse for his false beliefs. Bibles were not as common, and torture and killing kept many from questioning the Catholics.

16. WestminsterMan

We should all thank the Catholic Church, for it was they who built Western Civilization. As to the USA, well - many of the founding fathers were deists and masons.

I agree. Unless one was a Budist or part of Islam, the RCC was the one and only Church.

WM

#76 WestminsterMan, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  17. WestminsterMan

Are you able to demonstrate any intellectual rigor, or do you simply accuse others in order to obfuscate your obvious short comings in that area? Look - you can accuse me of false beliefs, idolatry, [fill in the blank], but in the end it will be Jesus, and NOT Moriah who will be my judge. So spout on and continue flailing away at the keyboard if that is your desire. I can only assume that by doing so, you don’t mind looking ridiculous.

P.s. The 13th century addressed in the post to which you replied above is not the 1300's - its the 1200's.
    WM

#77 WestminsterMan, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I can't be sure, but perhaps he was thinking of 1452, when the Guttenberg Bible was the first Bible to be published. It was the date of the invention of the printing press. From that time onward Bibles became more common.

19. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question? Are you able to post while maintaining a straight face?

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Now this made me smile. Thanks for this. Thanks for putting his comment in the proper perspective.