1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preaching Jesus Christ And Him Crucified

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Jul 2, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother James... I've never heard of this song either but the words and the sentiment are beautiful... What book is it out of the OSH 10... 11... or 12?... I need to learn it!... Brother Glen [​IMG] ... Btw... The smiley is the song leader me... Tuning up! :D

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Is it possible that there may be confusing sexual experimentation with lifestyle? I knew quite a few people in college who did a fair amount of experimentation with group sex, or same sex. (Yes, I know it sounds disgusting, but, like some kids experiment with drugs, some kids experiment with sex.) All the kids I knew in college who did that sort of stuff are today all married, faithful, and committed heterosexuals.

I'm not writing this to condone the behavior, but to shed a bit of light on the fact that college kids will often experiment with things like drugs, sex, alcohol, etc. Nearly all the kids wo do this go on to figure out that it's not for them, learn from their mistakes, and go oon to lead normal, healthy, and often Christ-centered lives.

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is an intersting fact and you can take it like it is... What we see are the gay people who are not afraid to say I am HOMOSEXUAL... Here I am and this is what I am now!... This is my lifestyle!

What we don't see is those in the closet... who come out only when it gets dark... These are not those who say I am HOMOSEXUAL... They are HETEROSEXUAL and I guess you can say they are BISEXUAL... They swing both ways!... And Gina if I were you I wouldn't worry about the Homosexuals to much because the Pedophiles are more danger to your children than them... They hide in the dark and during the day they look like your average joe but their perverted desires are anything but.

So you see brethren we just see the tip of the iceberg and never see what is underneath... HOMOSEXUALS don't bother me but it is the perverted HETEROSEXUALS who are the problem in our society... And they come in both genders but sad to say they are usually MEN!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

4. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Bro. Glen, I don't think I've ever seen it in any of the OSHs. I know it is in the Primitive Baptist Hymnal and the Harp of Ages. Written in 1911 by Chas. H. Gabriel.

5. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

6. JesusisGod2

JesusisGod2 New Member

I am not going to keep beating a dead horse, but you have got to admit that this law is new in Canada and what i have mentioned is on the books as law.
    So just give it time brother and see just how long your freedom will last. if it passes the test of time then praise the Lord! if not then praise the Lord! all I am saying is that we as the human race have sure developed a tolerance for sin and not just homosexuality and God has called us to expose it not tolerate it.
    I agree we all sin but do we practice sin? or do we train our senses to reconize it and bring it before the Lord for forgiveness and deliverence

7. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Why was Jesus Crucified? Why did he allow it?

8. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Jim1999 Said
    "Oh Good grief! What utter nonsense. I have absolute freedom of speech. The only thing we protect against is discrimination against any group.

If I want to preach that homosexuality is wrong according to scripture there is nothing to prevent me. If I want to discriminate against those homosexuals, or Blacks, or Jews, or whomever, the law might have something to say about it.

Cheers,

Jim, A FREE Canadian and living happily in Canada."

Canandian Courts said:
    Bradley Smith Holocaust Revisionism by CODOH, PO Box 439016, San Diego, CA 92134 The Revisionist

ThoughtCrime: 02/28/96
    Canadian Freedom of Speech Limitation Found Constitutional
    In an unprecedented and unexpected decision, Canada's Supreme Court upheld on February 28, 1996 the controversial Hate Law, thus posing a "reasonable" limitation on Free Speech. The case involved Jim Keegstra, a Canadian school teacher, charged in 1984 and prosecuted for the first time in June, 1986, for ". . . willfully promoting hatred against an identifiable group."

According to the Toronto Star, February 29, 1996,
    ". . . Keegstra told students in Eckville, Alta., the Holocaust was a fraud and described Jews as treacherous, evil and responsible for depressions, anarchy and war."
    James Keegstra faces up to two years in jail after the Supreme Court of Canada ended a 15 year legal battle on Wednesday.

Keegstra's attorney, Doug Christie, appeared before the Supreme Court, challenging the constitutionality of the Hate Law. Christie was asked to present his client's case first - an unusual procedure. Normally the State - in Canada called the Crown - presents its case first.

After Christie's presentation, the Supreme Court, in a highly unusual move, did not ask the Crown to respond. The Criminal Code states that no one can be convicted of promoting hatred if the hateful statements are true. The Court dismissed Keegstra's argument that the burden of proof should fall on the target of the hateful speech.

They just told him that the appeal was dismissed and thus reaffirmed that the Hate Law is constitutional.

Adapted from: Ottawa Citizen, February 29, 1996, Toronto Star, February 29, 1996, and Zgram, March 1, 1996. ( [email protected] (E. Zundel) http://www.webcom.com/ezundel/english )

THE THOUGHTCRIMES ARCHIVE is an online examination of worldwide governmental repression, censorship, and intimidation against those who seek to inquire speak, and write freely about the Holocaust. If you know of any such situations or have been a victim yourself, please report the details to [email protected].

"Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime IS death." George Orwell

Back to ThoughtCrimes Index

CODOH SITE NAVIGATION MENU
    Choose Your Destination Email CODOH CODOH Home Page TOP LEVEL INDEXES: Main Site Index Text Only Site Index Frames SUBJECT INDEXES: Revisionism Bradley R. Smith Intellectual Freedom DEPARTMENTS & UTILITIES: What's New: Site Updates AnswerMan! BBS (WWW Bulletin Board) Bookstore CODOH International Foundations of Contemporary History Gas Chamber of Sherlock Holmes HotLinks Index by Author Index by Title NewsDesk Search Site or Web Site Map The Tangled Web: Zionism, Stalinism & the Holocaust Tangled Web: The Consequences
    CODOH - Box 439016 - San Diego, CA - USA 92143

Canada Limits Free Speech

Installed: 5/16/98, 6: 00 PM, PST

ALSO:
    Jim you had better be careful what you say.