1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Predestinated to Faith in Christ !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are like dealing with a three year old having a tantrum. Now, look at the first sentence above which you perverted into something I did not say by partially quoting my words.

What I said was "adoption cannot be 'predestinated AND YET ALREADY FULFILLED AS THAT IS OXYMORONIC"

I did not say adoption cannot be predestinated! I said you can't have it both ways. It cannot be predestinated and be fulfilled at the same time. If something is predestinated its fulfillment cannot occur until the PREDESTINATED TIME.

However, reason, context makes no difference to a dishonest individual like yourself. Your character reveals who you really are.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Insults are not helping your case !

Who said it was ? Show me the quote where I stated that adoption was predestinated and fulfilled at the same time ? Thats another one of your statements that misrepresents what I have stated, which is dishonesty again .

My point is that Faith in time is a result of predestination, one is predestnated to Faith in Christ ! Now if you can refute that then do it honestly !

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

First, you are admitting that you perverted my words or else you would not now even ask this question but would have simply repeated your false accusation that I said adoption is not predestinated.

Second, you are admitting that adoption cannot be at one and the same time predestinated and already fulfilled as that is oxymoronic.

Third, you have from the beginning stated that sonship, regeneration, justification, and even glorification were already finished before the world began MORE than mere contemplated purpose but in some kind of SUBSTANTIVE reality and everyone on this forum knows that.

However, the concept of "predestination" is oxymoronic with you idea of a Substantive reality/fulfillment before the world began. God's eternal purpose is nothing more than CONTEMPLATIVE purpose without any kind of substantive reality/fulfillment before the world began.

You don't the difference between PURPOSE and FULFILLMENT and God denies in the strongest language possible that He sees His own purpose as ACTUALLY fulfilled in any substantive sense other than contemplative certainty - Isa. 46:11

Now, Isaiah 46:11 is God presenting his own view of his own purpose not me or some human presenting God's view of His purpose as you attempt to malign and abuse the quote in Psalm!

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Show me the quote where I stated that adoption was predestinated and fulfilled at the same time ?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The following is from the OP. You say using Galatians 3:26. "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."

So you see SBM that you say we are adopted through faith yet deny that faith is required for justification in total denial of Scripture. I present my initial post for your edification and to show that your denial of what I said is untrue!

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Quote:
    Therefore prior to that time they were IN UNBELIEF!
    TB

Yes ! But still Sons or Heirs Gal 4:1
    - SBM

Look careful at your response to my post above. This was due to the statement in your first post where you said we are predestinated to faith IN TIME and that we were predestinated to adoption IN TIME. You identiifed IN TIME adoption and faith as inseparable events IN TIME according to predestination.

However, when I made the point that IN TIME they were in unbellief prior to IN TIME PREDESTINATED ADOPTION, you responded that they were "still Sons and heirs - Gal. 4:1" during that PERIOD OF UNBELIEF IN TIME prior to faith in time.

Hence, you have them Sons and heirs (adoption) previous to the point in time they were predestinated to be heirs. If as you claim, adoption is predestinated IN TIME, then they cannot be adopted as Sons BEFORE that time as well as after that time. If they are predestinated to adoption IN TIME then it cannot be IN TIME be before as well as after that precise point in time.

I said IN TIME they were unbelievers BEFORE they were believers in time. You responded they were Sons and heirs both BEFORE and AFTER the point of belief. However, you point about predestinated to adoption IN TIME was in regard to predestination to faith IN TIME!

It cannot be both! Either they were predestinated to adoption IN TIME at the point of faith or before faith but not both or else you have TWO different kinds of adoption! One BEFORE faith in time as an unbeliever which you assert in the above post and one AFTER the point of faith in time which you also assert by the words "predestinated to adoption IN TIME."

You have predestinated unto adoption in time already fulfilled in time before faith in time! It cannot be both predestinated to be fulfilled at certain point in time at faith and also before faith already fulfilled.

#26 The Biblicist, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

Yes, that is declaratively and openly. I expalined that, you are just not honest enough to bring that part of my post to the forefront !

I did not say that, you do lie. Faith is evidence of Sonship in time. You are like someone else here, that is you like to misrepresent what I have stated.

I never stated one is adopted through faith, thats your decptive imposition you added !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I dealt with that in post 4. You have not still dealt with anything I stated point by point in the OP

The point of the OP and the Thread is that the some have been predestinated to Faith in Christ, the proof is Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

That is manifestly so. When an Elect Person believed on Christ in time, it is a manifestation of their Eternal Son ship by Election in Christ before Time.

Adoption is a manifestation of Sonship. That Adoption manifests the Elects Sonship Twice, once when they pubically believe on Christ before many witnesses, and Secondly at the Second Coming it will Be revealed Again by the Redemption of the Body ! Rom 8:23

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Its only one Adoption, but Two Manifestations of phases ! But as Son's originally, all the Elect were placed in Christ before the World began !

Adoption means to place as a Son. That Primarily took Place in Election in The Son Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So Christ and His Brethren are all of One Heb 2:11

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

9. OldRegular

I used your own OP to show that your beliefs are contradictory. You are unable to deal with that so you resort to personal attacks. Your beliefs are false, they deny the clear teaching of Scripture. Your insistence on the eternal justification of the elect make the sacrifice of Jesus Christ of no effect. That is pathetic!

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So you hold to the Elect of God are born already reconciled to god and regenerated, and they will show that by placing faith in Jesus?

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

You think you did, but you have did nothing but show me more evidence of your rejection to and blindness of the Truth of God !

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Where did I say that the elect of God are born already regenerated you liar ? Show us the quote !

13. OldRegular

You say above: "with the New Birth comes the Birth of Faith and Hope". Yet you insist that "justification precedes the New Birth" in another thread, that "justification is eternal". Your beliefs are totally contradictory. Scripture tells us that until the New Birth:

Ephesians 2:1-3
    1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
    2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
    3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Verse 3 tells us that prior to the "New Birth" the elect were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Who are "the others"? They are the non elect. Until regeneration or the New Birth occurs there is no difference between those chosen by God unto salvation in Jesus Christ and those whom God leaves in their sins! Now you can deny that truth but that is your problem. It is quite obvious that trying to reason with you using Scripture is useless because you do not believe Scripture. You have picked up some devilish beliefs somewhere and will cling to them rather than the Word of God.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF they are already reconciled back to God by the Cross, than they are regenerated by God!

Fir reconcilaition NOT done between God and sinners, they bewcome saints once that has happened!

So per your theology, must be regenerated at birth by God!

#34 Yeshua1, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

Justification does come before New Birth , Faith and Hope.

The Elect are Justified or reconciled before God by Christ's Death while they are enemies ! Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Where did I say that the elect of God are born already regenerated you liar ? Show us the quote !

17. OldRegular

Your argument in a previous thread was the justification of the elect before their birth, eternal justification. Now you are equating justification and reconciliation so they are reconciled to God before they exist. That sounds like they are "Born Again" before they are even born! I believe Yeshua1 may be on the right track.

Of course you might be like the Mormons and believe we exist as spirit children before we are born? Is that it?

http://www.mormonismdisproved.org/spirit_children.html

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When are the elect regenerated and reconciled back to God than?

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

Please address that in the other thread !

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You got it! He believes they existed in ACTUAL eternal spiritual union with the very nature of God - polytheism at its core!