1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Predestination: Meaning and Application

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Baptist_Pastor/Theologian, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Most people would claim Acts 13 is a call by God to the Church to send out the Gospel to the Genitals and decision was made on this subject at the the church in Antioch.

1) Paul and Barnabas begin a missionary journey to Cyprus.
    2) and then on to Pamphylian coastal cities
    3) and southern Galatian cities of Antioch, Iconium, Lystra, and Derbe
    4) then back to Antioch and to Jerusalem

Acts 16 tells of the 2nd trip. Are you aware of any other record of mission trips made by the early church to the genitals at this time? In time others did reach to the genitals. But this was the very early days of the outreach to the whole world.

Why did Holy Spirit have them not preach to some? God only knows why, but it is clear it was part of His plan. It is clear that some died before they heard, for the event of Christ death had just happened. There was no CNN TV to get the word out. The main tool God used was the Church. Thus the trips.

The truth of total depravity is the most biblical proven doctrine of the 5 ponits. "God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." "There is none righteous,no,not one." "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us".

When Paul preached on the mission trip he was very conscious of the fact that those to whom he was preaching were totally depraved. He told the Corinthians that "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

Paul and all the apostles of Christ knew that by nature every one to whom they brought the gospel was totally depraved. He tells the Ephesian and Colossian believers that they "were dead in trespasses and sins" and that they "were sometimes alienated, and enemies in your mind by wicked works".

This meant for the apostles, and it means for every missionary today, that those to whom the Gospel is brought will not want to hear what is preached.

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Preach it jarthur!!

Although it's gentiles not genitals, although "dead in trespasses and sins" might mean they were a little obsessed with their genitals.

(I've been waiting a long time for someone to make that typo.)

#502 npetreley, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  3. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

ROFL
    Hilarious! Unbelievable!

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

In reality, you are supposing again. I don't like supposing for I am sure the Holy Spirit had a good reason at that time to not send them to Asia, for they were on the edge of Asia when the Holy Spirit appeared to Paul and only a short time later he preached for 2 years in Asia so I think its mute. Did they all change in Asia in a few days so Paul come come visit. I don't think so, I think it was to preserve Paul's life but then I would be supposing.

Paul was in the beginning stages of setting up Christian churches and yes, it speaks of at least a 3rd journey. Also, Paul spent a lot of time in Asia establishing the Sardis, Symaria, Philedelphia, Laodecia and other churches and don't think he could of done it in a day. Also the first trip took him smack dab through Asia. So again, I think it was to maybe preserve his life from the unknown. I am not going to accept something you make up about Paul's journey. If you got Scripture why Paul was told not to go to Asia at that time only, then post it!

#504 Brother Bob, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.