1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Premillennial Seminaries

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by StefanM, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

It is important, however, to distinguish between premil seminaries and pretrib seminaries.

Pretrib seminaries are almost always dispensational as well.

There is no room for a person to be premil but not pretrib at most fundamental dispensational pre-trib seminaries, and you won't feel welcome. They may not let you graduate, either.

2. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

To throw my hat in, TEDS is still premil, but amil seems to have quite a following at least among the students. I think in Eschatology, there should be agreement in the essentials: the literal, bodily return of Jesus Christ, ressurection of the dead, eternal life. However, there is great value to the "present all sides and let you decide philosophy" on the non-essentials, like the differences between many of the eschatological systems because none of the systems is defensible as "correct."

There is nothing obvious in the non essentials of eschatology, neither is there any system that is airtight without hard questions and some speculation that is somewhat unfounded. In the finer points of eschatology, I think that the "present all sides..." view does not come from secular education philosophy, but from honest theologians who know the holes in their own systems and everyone else's as well. One side is correct, but it's hard to make a case beyond a shadow of doubt even if we all agree on inerrancy, hermeneutics, etc. Well that's enough for now.

BJ

3. UZThD

UZThD New Member

Is Western still a "CB" seminary? I traveled with some prof's in the late 90's and they implied that it was no longer officially "baptist" or "conservative baptist".

Anyone know?
    </font>[/QUOTE]===

I believe Western is still Conservative Baptist.

4. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Brandon,

Right on.

I enjoyed my time at TEDS because I was challenged by the fact that there were Bible-believing Christians that didn't see things the same way I did.

It brings humility to those who are open to receiving it!

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw links to it, but went thru page after page of their website without seeing ANY reference to "baptist" or "conservative"

6. UZThD

UZThD New Member

Is Western still a "CB" seminary? I traveled with some prof's in the late 90's and they implied that it was no longer officially "baptist" or "conservative baptist".

Anyone know?
    </font>[/QUOTE]===

Did any of those profs actually bother to ask Western or the CB of America?

1) The website of CB of America lists Western.
    Western trains CB pastors.CB churches, as mine, contribute to Western.

2) According to Lynn Ruark, Dean of Men at Western, with whom I today spoke, no change at all has occured between Western and CB!

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The question should be which Seminaries are Premillennial and which are Dispensational. Many of the schools mentioned are dispensational which is a far cry from Historic Premillennialism.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Southern Seminary at Louisville [Albert Mohler is President] still holds to the Abstract of Principles which takes the historic Baptist position of amillennialism.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Dr. Bob

Most likely yes, they are still CBA.

ATS's web page

I wonder if their lack of pride in the term "Baptist" has anything to do with the rapid demise of using the term in our church's names?

God Bless,

Wayne

10. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Grace Theological Seminary

11. Saint

Saint New Member

I would recommend Louisiana Baptist University.....Premillennial and pretribulational.