1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured prenuptial agreement

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, May 11, 2012.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Making two - one does not have the same meaning that you intend it to be. I don't intend to go into that discussion on this thread.

In Christ's day and up until the 20th century, the women had very few legal rights and assets. What they held was considered their husbands after marriage.

I agree with 12strings that older couples who have had established extended families do perhaps prenup agreements if no more than to keep care over the widow and away from selfish children. If no prenup at least a will that is up to date.

I like that bumper sticker that claims, "I'm spending my children's inheritance."

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I prefer she was given me by God and I trust Him so I trust her. What is mine is hers and what is hers is mine. If I go first I trust that she ill do the right thing and if she goes first I will do the right thing. If we go together we have a will.

#22 freeatlast, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  3. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would say this wraps it up pretty well:

And I also can appreciate what 12strings says here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems reasonable as well, for the reason I bolded:

I would add this: My wife and I have no pre-nup and we discussed it previously: In our marriage vows, we intentionally chose these old - school Anglican vows: "with this ring, I thee wed; with my body, I thee worship; and all my worldly goods, I thee endow"
    We chose these older Anglican vows as part of our ceremony because we loved the Theological signifigance of them, and they expressed something about this very topic...financially, all that we owned now belonged unreservedly to the other...
    I also added to my personal vows: along with the "love" "honor" "forsaken all others" part "to provide" as we felt that the Scriptures teach that a man is responsible to "provide for his own" and we sort of felt that that ought to be part of the promise any husband should make to his wife in their vows.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You write your will before you are married. It's simple!! If my husband were to die, and I remarry, I would have already had in my will that my estate goes to my children should my first husband die. That is in place. If I pass away after remarrying, my children STILL receive my estate unless I've rewritten it.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

But this is about prenups.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, it we are responding to the idea of assets after death. THAT is dealt with in a will - not just a prenup. Whether it is before or after marriage, a will takes care of assets on death. A prenup COULD deal with them but you don't need to wait until after you are married to write a will. It could very well be written before.