1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Bush stated today at a press conference..

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Supplanter, Are you saying that this Nation should put it's blessing on a sinful lifestyle. WAKE UP!!!!! Next you will say it is ok and that we should have Civil Unions with animals. Can't you see that a society that has no rules and standards is NO society at all, just CHAOS.

Bush let a open sodomite speak at his convention and has appointed more sodomites to post than any other president. He is off on his position on sodomites. He sees them as having a "good heart", when they are living a perverted lifestyle. You can't have both.

2. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Supplanter said:"Get off your high horse. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I mean take another look around from a different perspective. I know a women, who is a lesbian, and shes one of the most moral persons I know."

So what if you know a lesbian, who cares. She is still living an abominal lifestyle. She is a pervert. If she is the most moral person you know then you might better change churches. She is PRACTICING ABOMINATION(PERVERSTION)AS A LIFESTYLE and can not be moral. Her mind is reprobate.

Supplanter said:
    "Your argument contained several fallacies.

Hasty generalization. Allowing homosexuals to have civil unions would be new. But that does not mean the government will be led to allow any new law to exist what soever and end up with "CHAOS.""

Do you not understand the Bible. If any nation forgets God, their destruction is certain. I promise you 30 years ago, the very thought of "civil unions " or "gay marriages" could not even be imagined. You allow a nation to endorse open perversion, then it want be long until polygamy, legal prostitution, legalizing pedophilia, and then you will be able to marry your poodle. WAKE UP!!!! You are the one who has committed fallacies in your thinking.

Supplanter said "You also commited a straw man falacy which is misrepresenting a position. There is obviously a difference between having a law in existence and "blessing" something. There were laws in hawaii I believe that make it illegal to put pennys in your ear, other such odd laws still exist in various places today, that hardly means the Nation is blessing these laws. Nor even with the case of speed limits, I don't think the nation blesses 10 miles per hour in a certain area, I think they just recognize it legally."

Comparing civil law and moral law is a problem you need to overcome. Spped limit is for protection. Civil law. Civil unions say that we as a nation have NO PROBLEM with living a sinful lifestyle.

Supplanter said: "False dichotomy was also a falacy you committed. The only options aren't no civil unions or total anarchy. There is certainly some middle ground."

The middle ground is what this country has been doing now for several decades and that is why we have the problems we have. Men don't take the responsiblity for their children, Women have left the home for a career and all thse things have led to the families destruction and now even people like you, who should know bwtter, don't. You don't even understand how the world is attacking the family. You destroy the family and the church and government is not far behind. This may be how God is planning the end of this age, but as long as I have breath, I will stand against it, as I believe God wants us to do.

Supplanter said: "If you care to continue the conversation I will, if and only if your counter argument is logical. If you present it full or falacies, full of emotion with all the caps and exclamations and no logical premises and conclusions then you wont have told me anything new or correct so I wont take the time to reject it."

I don't care if we continue it or not. You may be to far gone to change. I do not have to submit to your rules to engage, so if I WANT TO USE ALL CAPS, then I will. I make my points, but you just don't get it. :D

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Supplanter, It is unbelievable that you place women and blacks in the same category as sodomites. Women are born as women. Blacks are born as blacks. Sodomites chose to practice sin as a lifestyle. WAKE UP!!!!!!

4. Brett

Brett New Member

Have you actually ever spoken to a homosexual person, jailminister? Every one I've every talked to says that they would change if they could, both because of the sinfulness of acting on it(for the Christian ones) and because they get shunned by the church, family, friends, etc. I mean, who would WANT to be gay? What possible benefit is there in it? The only possible explanation is that they are born that way.

What these people CAN change, however, is whether they act upon their sinful urges. We can fault people who perform homosexual sex, but not those who are homosexual.

5. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Well brett, who would want to be a pedophile? Who would want to be an adulterer, etc.? It is a sin issue.

Yes I have known sodomites. I have lead a few to the Lord and they have changed, but most I've know have gone to far in their sin to change. They fit the description in Romans 1 where God turned them over to a reprobate mind.

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Isn't the word, translated "reprobate" in Romans 1:28 the same word, translated "castaway" in I Corinthians 9:27? If so, Paul in I Corinthians is referring to himself. This being the case, why would those in Romans be unreachable?

Rom 1:28
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    (KJV)

1 Cor 9:27
    27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
    (KJV)

7. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Terry, You are correct in that the 2 terms are the same and have the same meaning. Now here is the difference. In 1 Cor. Paul was saying that he as well as everyone else are sinners and with out Christ we have no hope. As a castaway or reprobate we are headed for Hell. Now in Romans 1, The passage says that God "turns them over to a reprobate mind". When God does that I see very little room for recovery from that condemnation while in 2 cor passage God is still reaching out to the individuals to come to Christ.

8. wnjmr

wnjmr Guest

It never ceases to amaze me the total misunderstanding that is rampant in what someone else says...

Of Course I could be wrong also...

But I didn't take the Presidents words "Good Heart" to mean anything except that the people were Good... Kind, whatever.. Not GOOD in the sense that many of you took it to be...????

Mike

9. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

wnjmr, My original post on this thread was not to question what Bush meant. My question was a spiritual question about it being possible or impoosible for some one who practices sin as a lifestyle to be able to have a "good heart". Just leave Bush out of it and try to answer the question from a spiritual view point.