1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Hillary will end Iraq war!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Well, how about one or two pieces of evidence that she hates the military and will yank the troops? Bald assertions aren't worth much as arguments.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you're talking about the unknown future all you have to go on is past behavior. That's all the argument you or I or anyone else has.

If you don't like it, I suggest you stick to arguing about the past and present only.

This thread is entirely about the future so I guess you'll bow out now. Right?

After all, ending the war if she's elected is just a bald assertion and not worth much, either.:thumbs:

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yes, carpro, I'm asking for evidence from her past behavior or statements that show Sen. Clinton hates the military, and all it stands for, in her heart of hearts per your claim.

I like it fine, thanks. You're arguing that the past indicates the future, that's fine, but provide evidence that might predict the future, ok?

How do you know what is in her heart of hearts? If it is not from your psychic knowledge, what is it specifically that makes you think you know?

Well no, it's not. You asserted, baldy, that Clinton hates - in the present - the military and always has - in the past. You brought Clinton's present and past to this thread.

Your assertion, back it up or take it back.

That's a statement of intention, not a bald assertion.

It's difficult to argue convincingly that someone does not intend to do what she says she does. Simply jeering at someone is not a convincing argument (except to the preconvinced or the super-immature).

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political realignment?

The GOP tends to nominate the front-runner and no one else.

The Democrats became the peace party during the Viet Nam war and the no-war crowd seems to have a majority or control (inside the Democrat Party) again in that Hillary seems a sure thing for the Democrat nomination.

The GOP cannot revert to their FDR days of "me-too" on Democrat plans and expect to win. Bush already went along with the Democrat domestic agenda for the past six years in that he became one of the biggest domestic spenders ever, if not the biggest domestic spender ever. He exceeded FDR, Nixon, and Johnson.

The Democrats and anti-war Republicans have so far declined to present a clear picture of the military situation that will ensue after January 2009 when the USA withdraws from Iraq. Personally, I think that we will be attacked immediately all over the world by both Chinese and North Korean communists and islam. I also believe that Hugo Chavez, also a communist, would set South America on fire. Perhaps the Republicans can explain that there is nothing to fear from Hillary's plan as she herself is unlikely to address the subject as she plans to celebrate her upcoming political victory.

5. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Put it this way; I just went over 20 years serving in the AF and if she is elected president I will have to retire early. I will not have my retirement certificate signed by a Clinton...

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But...but...but..

She loves you, Man. :thumbs:

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Arguments from personal distaste aren't worth much either as arguments. How about something she actually did or said?

8. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There isn't enough space to list them all...

9. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hillary end the Iraq war? :laugh:

Do any of you democrats really think you can't be neo-conned by Hillary like conservatives were by the Bush regime?

#30 poncho, Feb 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I read the whole thing. It was just a smearjob without evidence. Not a single citation in the article to back up any assertion.

The first link is more of the same uncited smearing. The second link, the snopes article about her name, does cite evidence. The third, the NRO book review, requires a subscription. The fourth, aim again, is detailed but again is allegations without citations. The fifth and last is solid baloney.

One out of five, the snopes article about who she was named for, presents actual evidence. The others are third hand retelling of stories which may or may not have something to them - we can't tell as they are totally lacking citations.

I'm sure that you can find hundreds of Hillary-hating sites, but if they don't back up their allegations with original sources or credible evidence of some kind (bald assertions are not), they are pretty much worthless.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What is Hillary saying about Iran?

Same thing as Edwards and Obama.

Here are three democrats reassuring a foreign power that America will continue to carry out it's war plans. Americans have no say in it at all. They don't sound "anti-war" to me.

13. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Too bad!

I hope you are forced to retire then!

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Amen, brother! I pray the Lord will spare us such a disaster!

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You guys need to perk up. Hillary isn't going to pull the troops out of Iraq. Bush and his neocons will make sure that they stay put by starting another war (under false pretenses, again, of course) with Iran. I just hope that the 150,000 American troops and the 30 to 50 thousand private mercenaries already there get better equipment to fight for the next hundred years.

The future is looking good for neocons cheer up!

#35 poncho, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2007
  16. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

According to retired Lt Col. Robert Patterson, who served in the Clinton White House, Hillary didn't want the military aides to wear their uniforms at the White House, and was personally offended when they did.

Patterson wrote, "Common sense and security finally prevailed, at least at official functions with the president. At all other times, however, we were expected to be in business suits or civilian clothes in order to downplay the military presence at the White House".

When General Petraeus appeared before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Sen Clinton "used her time to make a speech about Iraq policy and did not ask a single question of the man who will be leading the military campaign."

link

17. redbelt

redbelt New Member

Forced to retire? I guess my impression from his message was that he would, for personal reasons, retire rather than have her signature on his retirement certificate.

Your comment saying you hoped he was FORCED TO RETIRE is so sad. Let's not thank this person for his selfless service for over 20 years to our country, but rather let us force him out for not wanting the same person you want as president.

INCREDIBLE.

PS... there may be many more like him if that happens. I wonder what the retention levels will be if she is elected?

18. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

What is truly INCREDIBLE is your lack of understanding!

I don't care, personally, if he retires or not. But, if he is so childish as to retire because he doesn't want a Clinton to sign his discharge papers, then let the man retire. Anyone with this attitude probably should not be in the military in the first place.

19. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I fail to see any way a Christian could support a Clinton for the highest office in the world.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Not many Christians would vote for her. Then again, you fail to see a lot of things. Two seperate issues.