1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President to end DACA

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Critics say it's cruel.

Barack Obama Breaks Silence: Trump DACA Decision Is ‘Wrong’ and ‘Cruel’

John McCain Slams Trump’s DACA Repeal, Calls for ‘Comprehensive Immigration Reform’

This is one of those battles I don't think any other Republican would have dared take on. It's why I wanted Trump over Rubio and the others.

I get the argument that the kids are victims, and I agree. They're victims of their parents and of crooked politicians in the US. The question is, do we make these kids suffer for the sins of their parents?

Bottom line I believe all nations have God-ordained sovereignty over their own borders. We as Christians should never encourage illegal border crossing. Nor should we reward it in any way.

I like the fact that the President is ending it and allowing congress to do something if they wish. It would be nice to find a solution causes the least amount of pain possible, but I don't think there's an easy answer. The program has to end.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it was a no brainer. DACA was illegally implemented by Barrack Obama. It needed to be reversed. He just beat the courts to it.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully Congress will get up off their backsides and pass some legislation regarding children brought here as infants, and raised as Americans who know nothing of the culture of the countries of their parents and many of which don't even speak the language of their parent's country of origin.

But I am not going to hold my breath waiting for Congress to do something right.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any legislation they might come up with has to address the future, and not just provide amnesty for what happened in the past. I don't believe they have the guts to address a real solution at all.

Otherwise we have a blanket amnesty for any child that makes it over the border in the future and in perpetuity. Might as well throw open the border and forget about having any immigration policy at all

That's what democrats want and it's up to a bunch of cowardly republicans to stop it. And they don't have the guts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me just break the glass ceiling here, leaving the touchy feelies behind...

Why is there going to be hurt feelings here? Because people broke laws. Why did they break laws? Because thay believed they would beat the system that the liberal press has presented immigration laws as unjust and it has been shown in the past as a safe bet to not be deported.

What will stop it? Enforcing the laws of this country including protecting the borders and deporting illegals no matter what touchy feelie baggage they bring with them. IT IS FOR THE CHILDREN.

Listen sometimes because we go the wishy washy direction we cause more trouble than the direct route would bring.

Example: if we mined the border, what would happen? Well a few people would splatter, a quick painful messy death. News would swiftly get back to others and illegal immigration would drop 85% overnight. The two or three that went splat would cause a wave of reaction, first off is other illegals would suddenly understand we mean business and word would get around and fast. Next there would be lot less people dying in the desert crossing trying to get to an American hospital 8 and 1/2 months pregnant. Lots of lives would be saved.

In the long run, those couple of people being blown to bits would save hundreds of lives. You hear that, lives in the long run would be saved.

But is not compassionate by liberal perspectives. You can throw PC out the window. Well compassionate is measured in more than one way. Illegals calculate the risks the same as anyone else does. Nobody in media figures in the compassion of Americans that foot the bill for all those illegals because we don't seem to matter to some sectors. Money grows on trees only in America it seems. Well perhaps it is time to consider that illegals immigration is slowly killing the infrastructure of this country because the top and middle can't afford the bottom rung. How far are we in debt? What part of that debt is to pay for services for the bottom rung of society that the church used to cover? Most illegals that risk illegal crossings are not going to gainfully add to the pyramid from the top side. Yes perhaps in a generation or two, perhaps not (the culture of Mexico is not exactly something to crow about).

We are in this position because we didn't firmly enforce our immigration laws. Ignoring laws and making excuses only add to the misery and because we (or the liberal segment of America) were so compassionate we only compounded the problem. Just like previous amnesty only put into the mind of new illegals to break laws, so will not deporting these innocent children. It will put in mind to future generations considering entering the US not by the sheepfold (correct pathway) but gambling that the softness of Americans will allow them to cheat the system.

Hate I am the only one that dares to play the bad guy here, but lawlessness does not bear good fruit. Our politicians playing at defending our borders has not produced good fruit.

Nutshell: All illegals need to be deported and denied application for futher entrance to the US. We also need to lower the amount of legal immigration per year and need to change the system we have in place that allows preference to those with family already in the US. It needs to be changed to allowing only the most qualified and that means knowing the language and iq tests. Yes even a religious test that favors Christians over Islamic.

Again... Pilgrim's Progress quote.... I think I posted it once before but on a dead thread...

We were born in the Land of Emptiness, and we're on our way to the Heavenly City," they replied.
    "Then why did you jump over the wall, instead of coming through the little wooden gate? Don't you know that anyone who climbs in a different way is a thief?"
    "It's a long way to the wooden gate," answered Mr. On-the-Surface. "Our people always take this short-cut. They've done it for hundreds of years, so it can't be wrong."
    "But it's against the rules."
    "It doesn't matter how we got in," said the men.
    "If we're in, we're in."
    "I walk by the Master's rules; you go your own way," said Christian.

#5 LowOiL, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But we are not a religious country and actions like that shows favoritism...a violation of the Constitution.

8. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I imagine that was sarcasm since I don't know you well enough to decide.

I, of course, fullheartedly disagree.

Basically along the lines below.... which an acquaintance of mine wrote about in a manner far more elegantly than I could dream to achieve. I will link his article that deals not only with the 1st amendment but how the left has tried to alter the 1st via the 14th and why that is not valid.

Leftist Word Games & First Amendment Guarantee Of Religious Freedom

Also the immigration policy currently is far from fair to others not of Hispanic decent. Why did JFK alter immigration policy?

My good friend also wrote on this subject in a far more intellectual manner than I could muster.

Immigration & The American Future--Conservative Debate Handbook

#8 LowOiL, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  9. AwesomeMachine

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I look at it this way. Part of the deterrent to crime is the harm it can do to the criminal's children. If a man is imprisoned for burglary, his children do without most of the benefits of a father. Now, liberals want to make the burglar's children heir to the homeowner's estate. That would be nice for the children of criminals, but it's ultimately wrong for everyone else!

If we make violating the law a means for ones children to get better opportunities in life, we have a breakdown of law and order. But I feel bad for the children. The easy thing to do is just let them stay in the US. Then no one has to feel bad. But fortitude dictates that we pursue the difficult good without fear.

Obama instituted DACA as a means to build and ingratiate a minority underclass voting block Democrats require for political survival!

On the issue of separation between church and state. The Catholic Church actually started that, by proclaiming it had no role in government. Shortly after prayer was banned in public schools, the Church proclaimed the United Nations should be leaned upon to solve social ills.

People at the time thought the Church was so progressive and open-minded! In the beginning of the post Vatican II period, around 1965, people flocked to Catholic Churches in droves. But ultimately the Church did not grow with respect to the population, because it failed to stand up for truth.

Now we're way far behind! The Internet makes almost unlimited information available to anyone with a PC. But most of the info is just pollution to make truth more difficult to locate. It's a crying shame what's happened to the people! They have no critical-thought skills. They've been taught what to think rather than how to think.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never assume

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And so what will this do to the Hispanic voter base? Will they flee the Repulican party and regroup with the liberals ?

12. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in the Valley (91% Hispanic) the conservative voting Hispanic community is growing. 29% of Hispanics who were either born here or received their citizenship automatically when their parents were naturalized, tend to register as Republicans, up from only about 10% in the 2000 election cycle.

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except it appears that Trump does NOT want to end it. He wants it to be legally codified into law. Here's his tweet from last night:

Trump DACA Revisit.JPG

If he doesn't want it to be legalized, why would he instruct Congress to legalize it, take a dig at Obama for failing to legalize it, and then say he would revisit it?

What's to revisit? Trump said he was "rescinding" DACA and would let it wind down over the next 6 months. You put out policies to prevent further enrollment and limit renewals. If Congress doesn't legalize it in 6 months the end result is that these DREAMERs could be deported. Apparently, Trump doesn't want that, since he will revisit DACA at that time.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huge negotiating error by the "master negotiator". Now that it is known he will not let this group be deported, he has no leveridge. Dumb move.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not only is it dumb, it is inexplicable. I can't think of anything he is gaining by doing this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Calminian

Site Supporter

You've misunderstood.....again. He is ending the illegal DACA executive order. He does not what to save it because he knows the courts will shoot it down. Even Obama knew this.

I'm surprised you're such a hard-liner and deporting these kids. I thought you supported Rubio? Hmmm.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I understand it perfectly. He wants to legalize DACA. He wants these people to stay in the country. He's going to break a campaign promise. But Congress won't legalize it, so he'll have to deal with their inaction in six months ("revisit the issue" as he said in his tweet.) At that time he will probably reinstate the EO permitting DACA.

And BTW, I'm not for aggressively deporting these "kids" (who are mostly aged 22 and older), but they shouldn't be coddled any longer. They should be treated the same as any other illegal.

And please tell me what Trump's position is on deporting illegal immigrants. Could you tell me what that is?

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

And frankly so do I (although technically you can't legalize DACA). I mean yes, these kids were brought in illegally by their parents, but there's a part of me that wants to be compassionate to this one particular group. I can't bring myself to send a kid or young adult to Mexico that can't even speak their language. There's got to be another way, and I think anyone with a big heart would agree. Where does Rubio stand on this?

I also hope it's an opportunity to negotiate and get some of the things I want like stronger border security and hopefully funding for a wall.

Again, let's see how it plays out, but on this I don't take the hardline you take. I totally get Trump's compassion.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know where Rubio stands on this. Probably riding the fence.
    History is not kind on a prediction that DACA will be legalized.

So where are you on the anchor baby issue? Because you must be OK with that action by illegals if you are OK with DACA.

20. Calminian

Site Supporter

I'm not okay with DACA. I'd like the policy to end so we don't have to deal with this in the future. I'd like the anchor baby policy to end also.

But I don't mind compassion for those insnared by these bad policies, so long as a good deal is made. Why are you so against negotiation?