1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Trump Releases Video From Hospital

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Voting is not essential to salvation. But, in the Anglo-American school of Baptist thought, it is allowable if not encouraged.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Essential to salvation? Different issue. Specific works aren't essential to salvation.

#22 Calminian, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

4. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    wonder how you would feel when you get old, and start to get dementia, and others start to mock and make fun of you? some christians really make me wonder!!!

5. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    which one is that?

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This comment reminds me of a comment my Daddy made when I was about 10-12. We were riding somewhere & a country singer, with an excruciatingly terrible voice, came on the radio.
    After listening for a few seconds, my Dad in effect said, "That poor guy can't help the voice he has, since he was born that way, BUT, he doesn't have to show everybody how bad it is"!:Laugh:rolleyes::eek:

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard an interesting quote today: "There are no answers, only choices." - Stanislaw Lem

Now, obviously, that is not true in all cases; however, there are a lot of issues in life where, as Christians, we do not have a direct "Thou Shall" or "Thou Shall Not", but we can make choices. And, as Christians, we should give leeway to our brethren in a lot of those areas, as the Apostle Paul makes clear in Romans chapter 14. Thus, to say that a person who abstains from being involved in voting or even being involved in politics altogether is acting unBiblically is simply not a Biblically defensible statement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anglo-American comes from a lecture given by a lecture by a Russian Evangelical Christian-Baptist historian in Sacramento, California. It was at a celebration of the 150 anniversary of the first Russian to be Scripturaly baptised. According to him, there were three main schools of Baptist thought and practice. Teh Anglo-American, Continenmtal (German), and Slavic (Russian).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cubans, who daily see what communism has done to their once rich country, are wild about Trump:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Makes sense as they were forced to live under communism. I also knew a Bulgarian who left Bulgaria and said it was bad times when the communists were running things, no freedom. He was glad to come to USA and is an enthusiastic Trump supporter who says democrats are bad communists and USA is heading down that same dark path. He says NPR is democrat propaganda, mostly agree with that. And gets funding from our government which is bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1