1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Trump's approval rating dips further

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Mar 19, 2017.

1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll bet my retirement savings against yours that I'm older than you are.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bet you mother doesn't know you are on the computer again.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is exactly true I have a church membership full of them. my own insurance has a 9 thousand dollar deductible for a family of five. It costs an arm and two legs. That is not normal insurance. It is nothing more than catastrophic insurance.

4. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must get your insurance through the church as a group policy, correct?

5. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother pastored a small poor SBC church for 7 years and he was never provided insurance either by the church or the SBC. He left a 10-year career as a corporate financial analyst because he felt the call to the ministry and got an MDIV from the SBS to go along with his MBA/MA Econ. He didn't have health insurance for 15 years because of a pre-existing condition. He finally got insurance through Obamacare.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm retired after a 40 year career in engineering, first with a NASA contractor and then for 38 years with AT&T related companies (Bell Labs, Bellcore, AT&T, AT&T Labs, Cingular and AT&T Mobility). One of the things I'm proudest of was acting as the lead Bell Labs engineer for the initial introduction of Enhanced 911 in St. Louis and Orlando. One night somebody tried to kick in my mother's front door. She remembered me talking about what I was working on, dialed 911 and the police arrived almost immediately. I think my work contributed to a lot of good outcomes like this one in America.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I AGREE FTW. I am an independent (small "i"). I was a JFK Democrat until Roe vs. Wade after which the DNC made pro-choice part of their platform. Both major parties have failed miserably on this and several other social issues.

I have no problem with entitlements for those who are actually needy and not free-loaders/frauds.

I would have had no problem at all if the RNC had decided to repair Obamacare and even called it Obamacare 2.0.How much time, effort and money would have been saved? IMO BUSHELS!

HankD

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guys this man is a pastor. Soak that in.

9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ...and all the polls say Hillary will be our President in 2016....isn't it amazing after all the false information gathering from calling a few people the media still loves their polls...short memory I guess...

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It seems you are saying a "true" Christian could not possibly vote for anyone who is pro-abortion then since they would be abhorrent over any support for abortion...correct?

11. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a much better chance he will win reelection that people think. Finally a President that does what he says which we have not had since Reagan. The media hates Trump more than they did Nixon. His approval rating is meaningless. On the night before the election, the same pollsters gave Trump a 20% chance of winning. He is here for four years at least. I am all for his programs for the most part. He needs to stop picking fights with people that are irrelevant, like Arnold who took over his reality show. The liberals (including Republicans) are on the retreat. I feel sorry for anyone who relies on any info from the media to base a decision in reality.

12. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see Trump as being closer to Jimmy Carter in the sense that Carter was an outsider and refused to kowtow to his own Party in seeking policy change. In his four years of office nothing of value, other than the Camp David Accords, took place. Carter received no help from Congress, which lead to Reagan. Trump may be a four year lame duck President as congress and the media work to derail anything he attempts to do.

13. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL! Thank you for my laugh of the day. Unfortunately, pollsters have been exposed and humiliated as complete frauds. But please keep citing them.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most important poll is if he is doing what God wanted him to do when elected as president!

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The next is in 2018 then 2020.

HankD

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you think back to Obama's campaign speeches, he said over and over he was going to fundamentally change America. I believe he did do as he said he would do. With huge government intrusions, gay marriage and dividing the country by firing up racism again. And many here voted for him....

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Murder of the needy"? He's trying out for drama queen.

Now, murder of an innocent babe? He'd vote for anyone that is in favor of that one.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you wanted to have the perfect situation to when we pretty much abandoned our ideals, that was it!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't babies be considered needed?

20. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't seen any evidence of that yet. Poll result = 0.