1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Trump's Latest Flip-Flop: Iran

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On Tuesday, the Trump Administration did something surprising: it embraced Barack Obama’s Iran nuclear deal, in writing, to Congress. If you didn’t notice, that is likely because another surprising Iran-related thing happened the next day: Secretary of State Rex Tillerson provided some fairly adept political cover for Trump’s sudden shift with a raft of well-crafted and purpose-built diplomatic language.

This was, to be clear, the full-twisting Tsukahara of Trump’s recent foreign policy flip-flops. Trump has repeatedly called the Iran deal the worst ever, and swore to tear it up immediately on entering office. In fact, Trump could have killed the deal this week just by doing nothing. With a set of Congressionally-required 90-day certifications expiring, Trump could have said he was unable to guarantee Iran was complying with the deal and it would have started to collapse on its own.

President Trump's Latest Flip-Flop: Iran

Instead, Tillerson, acting as Trump’s delegated agent, on Tuesday sent a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan declaring that Iran was complying with U.N. requirements to constrain its nuclear program. Not that he wanted anyone to notice. The operative part of his note is indecipherable to an average reader: “This letter certifies that the conditions of Section 135(d)(6) of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (AEA), as amended, including as amended by the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-17), enacted May 22,

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't think I'd characterize the certification as a flip flop, nor would I agree that doing nothing would have killed the deal, but it is another example of Trump's simplistic campaign rhetoric exposing his ignorance of actual governance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when Trump does it it's "ignorance" otherwise it's " actual governance"?

How about it's flip-flop no matter who does it :D

HankD

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump was the one saying he was going to rip up the Iran agreement on Day One. Trump said he was going to renegotiate NAFTA, was going to label China a currency manipulator, etc. etc. Anyone with a lick of common sense should have known that he couldn't or wouldn't do these things. Now that he's in office he's learning on the job and he realizes he can't do this stuff.

5. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

Faith:
    Baptist

6. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You CAN be pro-life and LEGAL immigration. Illegal immigration is an entirely different thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL presidents flip flop, remember Obama and the Red Line, and no gay marriages under my watch?

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes but remember he is an OUTSIDER, he will learn and then accomplish these promises to a betterment of America and Americans in contradistinction over the last administration which tanked America's greatness (or tried) causing global upheaval, war and bloodshed.

Give president Trump at least 8 years to undo the mess the last administration caused.

HankD

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President obama blamed Bush for all of his problems, but most were his own, andnow Trump has to deal with that mess!

10. STEPcoach

STEPcoach New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. And I appreciate that he is savvy enough to understand his need to adapt and learn on-the-job. He has addressed his NATO and China revisions. I am still proud of him!

11. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most were his own? You mean like the financial meltdown and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't remember that forum denizens were eager to give Obama time to clean up the mess left over from the Bush administration, but I may be wrong.

It's easy to forget that the vast majority of the instability in the Mideast can be directly linked to the ill-advised decision to invade Iraq and dismantle its civil government.

Obama made lots of mistakes, but not all his problems were of his own doing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    How, exactly, will he accomplish those "promises" when he's backpedaling away from them? He said, repeatedly, he would this and this and this and enough voters bought it. Now he's doing that and that and that and his voters seem not to care very much.

So did they support the policies of the old Trump or the new Trump?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Eyes on Jesus

Eyes on Jesus Member

I don't see that God made you the President of anything, would that be because of your ignorance

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His biggest mistake was to let the victory in Iraq go to waste.

IMO.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Eyes on Jesus

Eyes on Jesus Member

Let Donald Trump do his job, do you think everything would be peaches and cream if you were president, NOT,, remember anyone in powerful positions has been put there by the hand of God himself, and we are obligated to pray for them, those who believe, I should say

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He hasn't even been in office 100 days and the Trump haters just can't help themselves spewing venom.

He nominated a staunch pro-life ant-death VP and did get Gorsuch into a SCOTUS seat - the progressive liberals are in hysterics over those promises/choices/nominations..

HankD

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OMG....I would rather give him the boot and save the country a lot of pain.
    Yea...the centrist right hates his guts too.:)

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fake/false news.

Go back and you will see that even before Trump was elected I said WWIII was/is inevitable no matter who is president but at least with Trump as president we have the definite possibility of winning.

Pray that God will intervene.
    A thermo nuclear war will be worse than any movie ever depicted.

Kim of N Korea may very well be the one who who throws the match into the fusion powder keg.

The communist world KNOWS they have to work quickly to execute the "divide and conquer" tactic as Trump's popularity grows and American patriotism and love of country is resurrected.

Also Trump is working very hard to strengthen our military decimated by years of neglect.

PRAY!

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The republican have Obama basically any thing that he wanted early on, but the Dems refused to give him ANYTHING!