1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Debate Comments

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 16, 2012.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

At least Obama showed up this time. He was telling the same tired lies and non-answers but at least his stage presence was better. Why is this important? Because people don't want a president who looks like doing his job is a drudgery. The first debate he acted like he was owed 4 more years. He did an excellent job of taking responsibility without actually taking responsibility. He knows that he had to make a "the buck stops here" comment and that would be enough for those voting on sound bites. The fact that he never really takes responsibility for anything does not matter to them.

Romney had a chance to really nail him on the terrorist attacks. He tried, but the moderator rescued Obama. Romney had a chance to nail Obama for saying he should be a 1 term president if he didn't fix the economy. It didn't come up.

Both men came across as rude to me on several occasions. Keep in mind I did not watch the debate. I read the transcript as it was happening.

I'd say Romney won, but it was a slim margin. I am basing that on what I think their impact will be on the voters.

Romney better come ready to hit hard while maintaining his self-control in this last debate.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was a foregone conclusion that , if Obama showed up and drew a breath, he would be declared the winner by the corrupt old media.

The funny thing is that, if he's winning, why does he continue to lose support. People are not as stupid as the Obama team and their media allies think.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I don't think that Obama necessarily won the debate, but it could be perceived that way. This not because of how they did against each other, but how they did compared to their past performance. Obama clearly did better in this debate than the last debate, and Romney did about the same.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If the electorate is not that stupid, then how was Obama elected in the first place?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many liberal voters are politically ignorant, but some people do learn from their mistakes.

They took a chance on Obama, and he failed miserably. They won't support him again, given a viable alternative. Romney is showing that he is one.

6. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I will say this, this is the first time I have felt Romney has a good chance to win. I am voting for him regardless.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

Real Debate Is Censored

To understand the US political process, one can just look to how these sham debates are organized and how they function. This is the same process that repeats itself endlessly in virtually every other political realm.

10. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thats right Carpro BUT did ya notice which party chimed in more?:thumbs:

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Curious, if Obama wan the debate, why did the MSNBC undecided voters lean toward Romney after the debate?

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Onion Nails It!

Nation Tunes In To See Which Sociopath More Likable This Time

HEMPSTEAD, NY—According to reports, millions of viewers across the country are expected to tune in to tonight’s town-hall-style presidential debate at Hofstra University in order to determine which complete and utter sociopath they find more likable this time around.

“I’m very curious to see which one of these two clinically sociopathic individuals will present the most convincing and authentic approximation of an actual human conscience tonight,” said Cincinnati-area voter Miranda Harrick, 40, adding that both candidates, like all successful politicians, were undeniably skilled at such calculated artifice. “I think whoever is able to best manipulate me into thinking they experience normative emotional states such as empathy and regret will probably have my vote come November, so I’m excited to see what happens.”

The Onion