1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President's Faith-Based and Community Initiative

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by dawna marie, Apr 30, 2004.

1. dawna marie

dawna marie New Member

President's Faith-Based and Community Initiative on the web site whitehouse.gov you will find the rules for faith based Initiatve http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/fbci/guidance/partnering.html#1

you can not share the gosple with people the service you are going to provide with these funds

i dont agree with this at all. the bible says we to go out and share the gosple to all people . we should be feeding people clothing people in jesus' name giving them the gospel feeding them both physicaly and spiritly ( I know I cant spell sorry) is this what jesus was meaning in mattew 25:31-46 ? those who didnt feed the hungry could it be they didnt share the gosple with the person they fed or visited in prison
    Hope you get what im trying to say Im not good about writing my thoughts down. when we do these things we should share jesus with them doing it in jesus name and not the gov. name i geuss is what in trying to say.

2. Baptistgal

Baptistgal New Member

Well,

the thing is, using govt funds lets the govt have control over where those funds go. That's why many Christian colleges will not take govt aid for their students, and why many Christian high schools and elementary schools won't get licenses. We don't want our govt to be in our church/Christian charity/Christian school/etc. business, and if we take their money than they ARE in our business.

We need to be watching out for our own charities, and making sure that they are adequately funded without relying on the govt. While I don't think GW Bush is out to control all of us, we don't know what the presidents down the line will try to do. It is the future possibilities that we must guard against.

However, I read a part of that article that was very interesting. It said that we must separate the inherently religious parts from the part that is being funded with govt monies. Separated by time or location. I would take that to mean, you provide the people with a meal, and then...later, in another room or even another building....you present the gospel to them. The meal cannot be contingent on listening to the gospel...I don't think it should be anyway. The meal is free, paid for by govt funds, then they have the opportunity to go somewhere else to hear a gospel message, or attend a service.

Do you see what I mean?

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a good idea, do ministry in Jesus' name not the United States