1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Primitive Baptists

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 8, 2012.

1. markwaltermd

markwaltermd New Member

Now that's the Christian attitude. Should Matt report that, or should it suffice for you to have shown your true colors?

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I admitted that I don't always respond appropriately to first attacks and insults. I don't start it, but I would welcome being able to finish it. No, I am not a pacifist.

I don't care what he or you or anyone else does. BTW, I saw your "true colors" in your first post to me.

Another thought: Why do you hide behind a screen name -- afraid, or just don't have the courage of your supposed convictions?

Oh, and I must thank you for confirming the truth of my original post by your postings to me.

#22 Michael Wrenn, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

For those of you who have a problem with me, come on down to Mississippi; we'll have a cup of coffee and put the gloves on. I love boxing; it's one of my favorite sports. And it would be much more honest than what some of you are engaging in here.

4. markwaltermd

markwaltermd New Member

Nope. Not afraid, but also not a hothead and willing to sling half-veiled threats around. You seem to seek conflict, which is why I responded to your remarks in the thread opener. When you talk of stepping "into the ring" with someone or declaring yourself as not being a "pacifist," you boast of your willingness to settle your differences with physical violence. I don't feel a need to do that, and I do not believe that that sort of posturing is fitting for a professor of the Faith. In any case, it does not make for a good witness.

I will follow your advice in your initial response to me. I won't respond to you further, because I feel that you are getting in the way of you. Those who have made an effort to point out your inconsistencies are not the problem.

#24 markwaltermd, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

And you continue to act like a big baby. Is physical violence the way you deal with problems in your life? Maybe you should take some anger management classes?

6. mandym

mandym New Member

Yes it is. :tonofbricks:

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I guess you are also devoid of a sense of humor, among other things. If you couldn't see it in what I said about a cup of coffee and a boxing match -- oh, well. But I was partly serious, too; I'd prefer a boxing match to the lies, attacks, and insults that have been thrown at me. You all started the personal stuff; I merely responded. You can't take it, so like a bunch of whiny sissies you post lies and insults. I just challenged you all to man up and come out from behind your fake screen names.

My remark about not being a pacifist was just meant to say that I'll defend myself. I didn't attack anyone on here personally, but when I get attacked first, I will respond and defend myself.

I am not inconsistent -- I will always defend myself when attacked; you can take that to the bank.

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

No sense of humor, either? No discernment? You must be a Calvinist.

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I believe the OP concerns Primitive Baptists-----lets stick to it, boys---and let Evander Holyfield be the one to "duke it out" with Mike Tyson!!!

Lets quit all of this Come to Mississippi and get in the ring with me attitudes!!!

10. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

What are we? 12? Grow up. People here can read and comprehend and it is YOU that have repeatedly used hostility and vitriol against everyone that disagrees with you.

11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Hmm, let's see, this is post #31. The last post to deal directly with the OP was kyredneck's post #9
    I'd like to hear more. Would you flesh this out, brother?

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Yes, when and where does the "born from above" experience happen?
    2) RE: "saved" - since it is not the "born again" experience, what is it that we are delivered from?

I don't want this for debate fodder, though no doubt it will probably be used as such.

Just curious.

Thanks.
    HankD

13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

You've asked the questions I was mulling over. I guess what I'm looking for is a definition of terms, and how they differ with our traditional understanding of "saved" and "born again."

14. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I'll try to summarize what I was told on some other threads (can't find them now):

PB's believe that the elect are, sometime in their life, born from above and given spiritual life completely separate from hearing or believing in the gospel...many of the elect also come to hear and believe the gospel, but it is not what saves them. In fact some PB's have told me that a person who shows spiritual interest in the bible is showing that they are already regenerated, even if their interest leads them to reject the truth found in the scritpures (example given was a non-christian secular Old Testament professor who studied the bible, but rejected its truth claims).

PB's believe The gospel is not in fact for that purpose. When "being saved" or salvation is linked with belief in the gospel, it refers to the temporal benifits of salvation (living a life by God's word, knowing the truth, etc...) Sometimes "saved" in scriptures refers to this temporal "salvation"...sometimes to ETERNAL salvation, which is accomplished purely by God's regeneration of a passive elect person.

(If I have misrepresened PB's, please correct my errors)

15. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Thanks, that's a good start.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks 12strings!
    Very interesting.

HankD

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Humor -- but I will cease and desist, nevertheless.

18. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Not true; you have not read enough. I have only responded in kind when attacked personally first.

19. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I find PBs to be more consistent than any other Calvinists. I like that about them.

20. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Anyone know if there are any "No-Heller" PBs in the Deep South?