1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prince Harry in Afghanistan

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Matt Black, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, he was until Matt Drudge blew his cover at the end of last week. Story here. Nice to see a German* fighting on the front line again after all this time.

(*From Blackadder Goes Forth: "Don't be ridiculous, Blackadder, I'm as British as Queen Victoria!" "Ah, I see: so your mother's German, your father's half-German and you're married to a German.")

2. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Drudge? I thought that German and Australian papers printed it first.
    \
    Seems like Harry really wanted to serve, at least he got to for a little while.

Any chance of Prince William being sent to the front anywhere?

3. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Yes, he will be sent to the front of every theatre he attends. :laugh:

4. Matt Black

Site Supporter

LOL! :laugh: Front line of Bouji's, shurely? I understand Prinzen Wilhelm und Heinrich von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha und Saxe-Saalfeld und Hannover (to give Their Royal Highnesses their correct German titles) are regular takers of 'shots' there...

Gayla, you're quite correct, but for some reason the Aussie report slipped under everyone's radar.

5. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, it was Drudge that put these soldiers in danger.

I used to look at the Drudge Report. NEVER AGAIN!

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This causes me to have a great deal of respect for Prince Harry.

Too bad the same cannot be said about President Bush. All he did during the Vietnam war was to protect Texas from invasion, until he went AWOL.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I understand the situation, the story was broken by an Australian "lads" magazine which in the words of one critic doesn't undertsnd the difference between the Prince being at an afterhours club in Sydney and his calling in airstrikes in Helmat Provence. Coronet Windsor served as a Forward Air Observer attached to the Gurkhas.

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prince Harry, as I understand it, had always wanted to be a soldier. I respect him for being where he was for a few weeks until the "media" reported on it because the faceless "public" had a "right" to know, and they had a right to line up their pockets.

I wonder if we'll ever see the Bush twins in cammies out in patrol ? Or somebody named Mc'cain, or Dean, or Clinton, or Rockefeller, or Hunt, or Kerry, or ........ squinting through the same desert heat and sand and patrolling the roads under the 100-degree heat just like the citizen soldiers do ?

I guess not very often, eh ?

Most of the time it'll be the small town boy or girl, the ones that come from the hand-to-mouth, paycheck-to-paycheck backgrounds that'll put on the cammie right after graduation from high school, and lose a limb here and there, if not their lives, so they can go to college and get a better life.

9. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, Willy's the heir, Harry's the spare.

10. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember, McCain was a guest at the Hanoi Hilton back in the day. He's seen the elephant.

11. Matt Black

Site Supporter

...and he passed on the chance to be freed just because his daddy was an Admiral; hat's off to the guy.