1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prison Ministries

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Filmproducer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

With post-production on our current film winding down it is time for us to start considering other projects. William has decided that before we work on another feature film we will do a series of documentaries, the first of which focuses on prison ministries and their positve impacts.

I will be starting the pre-production research shortly. Can anyone recommend some ministries to look into? They don't necessarily have to big or nationwide. Their impact on the prisoners and the community in general is what is more important.

Thanks!

FP

2. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Rock Of Ages, is the only one I can think of that does this in a wide scale basis.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Prison Prevention Ministries in Chattanooga, TN. I am familiar with them as I have a relative who works for them. Unique ministry not only in the prisons but also to prisoner's families and in keeping kids out of them.

http://www.prisonprevention.org/

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Reformers Unanimous has started branching out to prison ministries. Many of the local chapters have a prison ministry going alongside their other meetings. Our church is starting one up this year.

www.gotaddictions.com

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

If you want to see how internal ministries can make a difference, check out Angola State Prison in Louisiana.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it. I am going to begin the research in the next couple of days. I am interested in any and every aspect of prison ministries. We are in the initial stages so we have no fixed idea or agenda to work with. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks again,
    FP :wavey: