1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Problems at Abortion Center

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What would be wrong with a church officially sanctioning the action would be the undue liability the church would assume.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you knowingly broke the law, which is in violation of God's word and now you want to say you were being persecuted.
    I linked you to the laws in Colorado about how far away you had to be. I know you saw them as they were quoted by several people. You are harming your testimony by willingly doing wrong.

In Colorado you cannot come with in 100 feet of the door nor 8 feet of anyone going in or out. Link

Would someone please quote this as I'm on ignore.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My pleasure BW

4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Salty

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trying to reason with Mitchell will get you nowhere, but I do appreciate your comments.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was well beyond 100 feet of the door and did not come within 8 feet of anyone.

#26 evangelist6589, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Reynolds,

Do you have other ideas on how I can best use my abortion gospel tracts? At present my only option is to mail them out, but I am praying for an opportunity to use them with the right people, thanks.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not exactly true. You were in the parking lot, which is within 100 feet.

Question: when you asked the person behind the counter, and he told you you could be in the parking lot, did he know you were there to protest abortion? Or did you just ask if you could put out some materials, without telling him what type of materials?

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I said I was there as an evangelist and not a protestor.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

But I was 100 feet from the door

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They probably see no difference between the two.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please. Be honest with yourself, if not with us. You were asked to move outside the gate; that alone indicates you were within 100 feet.

If that's not enough, then consider: average lane width on a street is 9-12 feet. Giving benefit of the doubt and going with the maximum of 12 feet, a two-lane road is a minimum of 24 feet. Let's give an even greater benefit of the doubt and say four lanes with a turn lane in between; that's 60 feet. 10 feet for sidewalk; and we'll say the closest car is about 70 feet. Do you really expect us to believe that the parking lot was 5 car lanes and a sidewalk, plus 30 more feet, away from the door?

And what you told the man behind the counter--did you tell him you were there to evangelize those who were thinking about getting abortions? Because somehow, you did NOT give them the impression you were there AGAINST abortion.

My apologies for coming down hard on you. But all I see from your post is deception; and I can find no justification for deceiving people in order to preach the Word.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Two words: Private property.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I deceived no one. I was not protesting abortion as the tracts I had hit on abortion as well with a gospel presentation. Pro life advocates would not do such a thing as they are protestors not evangelists. I was there to do evangelism as well as preach against abortion so I was not a protestor but an evangelist. I said to the cop I would not join ranks with CATHOLICS whom protest there daily he told me. He said they hold up signs and pass out pro life fliers. I am an evangelist first.

To be technical it was a big parking lot so I bet it was 100 feet but maybe I was wrong in my measurements. Regardless an honest mistake so I need to find another way to evangelize and pass out these tracts.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also I told the clerk clearly I am an evangelist whom is against abortion but I also said I am no pro life protestor

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does not matter to some people. Like littering others' autos with tracts left on windshields.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were you telling anyone abortion was wrong? If so, you were protesting abortion. You're attempting to make a distinction that doesn't exist.

If you were at the far end of the parking lot, and only placing tracts on the cars farthest from the building, then maybe. Otherwise, the parking lot would have to be across the street or down the block--which most abortion clinics won't do because of the "harassment" from protestors that their clients would have to walk through.

Honest mistake? Not hardly. Someone here did your homework for you in looking up the Colorado laws; but you apparently either willfully ignored their work on your behalf, or you willfully ignored the laws.

Again, at least be honest with yourself.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have that poster on ignore and avoid all her posts.

19. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I wrote earlier, I do hope that the tracts do some good to stop an abortion. But I really question the wisdom of leaving tracts on a wind shield of a car. Several months ago, a person came through our church parking lot and put flyers for a restaurant with the promo of "Bring in your church bulletin and we'll take 10% off your bill".

Some people did go to the restaurant (none liked the food), but most people balled them up, threw them away. In contacting a guest who had been at the service, the guest asked if we had put them there. He wasn't happy that anyone used the windshield for advertising.

I think it's counter productive to starting any kind of conversation that would help stop an abortion.

20. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't matter as I was quoted several times in the other thread. So you knew what the law was, as you have made clear by saying you knew you were a hundred feet away. No one is going to feel sorry for you when you willingly broke the law. 1 Pet 2:13-20 comes to mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.