1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Profess Jesus yet follow Moses

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by stanleyg, Sep 5, 2006.

1. stanleyg

stanleyg New Member

There are many Christians that profess the name of Jesus, yet follow after the ordinances of Moses. Each ordinance is a diametric of good vs. evil. It is impossible to serve the gospel of Jesus that espouses the ordinance of forgiveness and grace and serve the ordinances of the Ten Commandments that espouse judgment and condemantion. Each is the antithesis of the other.

Any Christian that attempts to serve both ordinances will become confused and hateful. He or she will commit sacrilege in the Name of Jesus. Please, let me admonish each of you to not attempt to deceive our Father by professing the name of Jesus and following after the ordinances of Moses. The penalty is that our Father will blot each name from the Lamb's book of life.

The Old Testament is ascribed for the Jews. The New Testament is ascribed for the Gentile. They are sacred to warrant each of us eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matt6
    [24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Luke5
    [36] And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
    [37] And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
    [38] But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
    [39] No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Amen!

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Many profess the name of Jesus YET follow the BIBLE"???!

What kind of nonsense is THIS!!!

It is the befuddled thinking of those who REJECT the NEW Testament teaching that "ALL scripture is given by inspiration FROM GOD"!!!

When they REDUCE God to being author only of PART of the Bible - they show what a little god they have invented to support their man-made traditions.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I love it when people turn grace and forgiveness into statements of the law.

Unless you are going to say that the Law is not of God then this passage in no way applies.
    Romans 7:12 So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. Makes it very clear that the Law is good and serves a purpose.

It is so much fun to see the ancient heresy of antinominianism is still alive and kicking. Not.

4. Donbam

Donbam New Member

It seems that the OP has gone to the Marcicon School of Theology !

Let's throw out everything before Acts.

It was heresy then, it's heresy now.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nice!:thumbs:

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is amazing how many people believe the OP!!

I can tell you one that didn't believe it and that was "Jesus".

7. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I can't tell you the number of people I have heard say "I never read the OT, because it was replaced by the NT, so there is no point."

Interestingly enough they all belonged to churches that make a big deal about being a NT church.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Jesus did believe in the Commandments!!

I think I misread the OP;
    Jesus preached the OT and the New and Living way. He had no problems with the Commandments at all. Amazes me all who say to follow Jesus and He preached the Commandments and they say, well leave that part off.

#8 Brother Bob, Sep 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
  9. hill

hill New Member

What's this "New and living way"?

10. hill

hill New Member

Jesus preached nothing but Kingdom gospel to Israel. "Here I am, your promised Messiah and I'm ready to lead you in the Kingdom." But they reject him, demanding that the Romans crucify Him. The new deal began with the Apostle Paul, whose message was the first including anyone outside Israel. The law keeping was done away with and the age of Grace slowly ushered in. So standleyg is closer to truth than most on here think.
    Fire away.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Pick up your cross and follow Jesus. Preach the Gospel to ever creature and he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. Except ye believe that I am He you shall die in your sins and where I am you can not come.

Believe!!! that Jesus is the Son of God, repent of your sins and be born again. That is the "new and living way" called Grace Covenant.

He came to His own but His own received Him not but as many as did He gave them power to become the sons of God.

But then after His resurrection He sent His apostles out a little farther and said "Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature and he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved."

They didn't all reject Him and He preached His own everlasting Gospel before Paul came along.

Jesus preached the Commandments and so did Apostle Paul. There are those who desire to be teachers of the Law but know not what they say nor do they understand, but we that know the Law know it is not for the righteous but for the sinner and ungodly, of which we still have with us.

Paul, I was once alive without the Law but the Commandments came, sin revived and I died. Shall we make void the Law through faith, God forbid, for we establish the Law. The righteous of the Law is fulfilled in us. So, no Stanley is wrong.

Some don't want to use the Gospels but then every sermon that is all they preach on.

#11 Brother Bob, Sep 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
  12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Those who reject the teaching and words of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will also be found to reject Paul as well if you review their beliefs closely.

Taking the "pick-and-choose" approach to the 66 books of God's Word finds it's most extreme result in those that reject even the Words of Christ Himself saying over and over to themselves "that's not for me".

But in so doing they fail to recognize the glaring fact that these Gospel accounts were written by NT saints long AFTER Christ was ascended. They did this in fulfillment of HIS COMMAND to THEM to "TEACH others WHAT I HAVE TAUGHT YOU" Matt 28.

I am sure thesee Bible writers would be surprised to know that after enough centuries had passed there would be those Christians who would stand up and say "the Words of Christ are not for me".

In Christ,

Bob

13. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Hardly, Jesus also went into Samaria (the woman at the well), he also responded to the Roman Centurion, he even gave witness to a crowd of Greeks. One can hardly claim that he only preached to Israel. If you understood anything about the NT particularly where it speaks of the patriarch you would have seen that the age of Grace as you called it has existed from the beginning. This idea of a seperation between the old and new testament is a horrible mistake created by dispensation theology.

14. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it interesting that some folks on the BB come on and post some off-the-wall thing, and then we don't hear form them until the next wierd thing. They don't return to support their views. Maybe we should begin to compile a list of such posters.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

A public service announcement:

[​IMG]

Thank you.

:tongue3:

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, we have a few of those for sure.

17. Link

Link New Member

Paul wrote that the law is holy, just, and good. That is New Testament. Paul taught against trying to be justified by the Law. He didn't teach that it was wrong to follow the Law.

Many of the early Christians in Jerusalem still followed OT law. Paul participated in temple ceremonies probably after he wrote the book of Galatians. Paul wrote for the man called in circumcision not to seek to become uncircumcised as well.

Btw, Christians don't have to eat pork to be saved.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

:laugh: :laugh:
    I agree Link;
    I was kidding about the pork anyway.:laugh:

19. Link

Link New Member

Brother Bob

I was just responding to the first post. I hadn't read your joke about pork when I posted that.

A friend of mine in the Messianic movement often sayst aht, that you don't have to eat pork to be a Christian.

That reminds me of one of my expatriate friend's drivers here in Indonesia. He was American. He had an Indonesian Muslim driver who was somewhat interested in Christianity. My friend was trying to witness to him.

The man asked him why Christians tended to be rich. My friend said if your neighbor's kid asked you for food, you'd probably feed him, right? Well, who would you feed first, your kid or your neighbors kid?

One day, the driver came back after having gone out for a while. He said he wanted to be a Christian, so he ate some pork and drank some wine, too.

I think my friend shared a bit deeper with him, but these were some strange stories from their conversations.

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Love the illustration! :thumbs:

Ed