1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Professor Sticks; ...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by GenJesus, Feb 18, 2019.

1. GenJesus

GenJesus New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you, please, post a one or two sentence description of the videos you post?

3. GenJesus

GenJesus New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the 2nd law of thermodynamics in reverse; prove God exists?

4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gen...
    Are you at it again? ;)

If you ever see entropy actually decrease, then come tell me.:)

Now, to answer your question, yes, it would prove God exists...but then, what good would this be?
    " But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." ( Hebrews 11:6 ).

We also know from Romans chapter 1 that all men inherently know who God is, and they have no excuse...so there's no reason to prove He exists, because God's word tells us all we need to know.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DUH?... While I appreciate the video, is it really needed?... I go with scripture and that is all that is needed to prove God exist... So simple a child can understand it!... Brother Glen:)

Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

#5 tyndale1946, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing is...

Entropy cannot go "in reverse" all the way back to the beginning/God [or even for one second] or else there would be no law of thermodynamics.

The law says that it all goes in one direction only - from order to disorder, from available energy to no energy.

But for the sake of argument, let' say it could go backward. You are talking about going backward as in a VHS tape being rewound. Such as watching a recorded football game. In reverse, the players moves are 100% predictable because they are simply moving back to the same spot and via the same steps that they came.

I don't think "backward entropy" would work like that. Just like we can't totally predict entropy in an exact manner. I know that my watch is going to wind down or that the battery in a watch will die, but I can't predict when nor at what rate. "Reverse entropy" would have to be just as unpredictable. The watch, going from no energy to available energy, would have no way to give exact predictions of completion of recharge.

And the watch is just a simple thing compared to the dying out of dinosaurs, the creation of mountains, and the formation of the human DNA.

So, instead of contemplating on something that defies God's plan for his created matter to follow, why not focus on what the Bible says that God's created matter can do NOW - even in it's state of entropy - to show or prove, if you will, the existence of God.

Romans 1:19-20 - "What may be known of God is manifest in them for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."

7. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Glen...so simple a child of God can understand it ( 1 Corinthians 1:18, 1 Corinthians 2:14 ). ;)

As for the subject at hand, I happen to believe that the reason entropy exists is due to man's sin, and the curse upon all of creation, which groans because of it.:(