1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Progessive

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Cambridge dictionary online defines progressive as:
    a person who supports new ideas and social change, especially one who belongs to a political party >

The internet dictionary is as follows:

1. A) of, relating to, or characterized by progress - B). by making use of or interested in new ideas, finding, or opportunity - C) of relating to, or constituting an educational theory marked by emphasis on the individual child, informality of classroom procedure, and encouragement of self-expression.

3. moving forward or onward

I consider myself as a progressive. I want to move forward - but, I am NOT a liberal. Why do liberals only think of themselves as progressive?
    Yes, I am a conservative, but that does not mean I can not make changes when necessary. If I were ultra conservative, I would not have a telephone, auto, or let alone a computer.

So do you think that liberals have hi-jacked the term progressive?

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Maybe. But more than likely they're just (as the young Theodore Cleaver would say) 'gressive.